What did you do with your truck today? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Eek!

@SorachiAce what did you end up using to clean the TB?
Toothbrush and carb cleaner to get 98% clean and finished it off with seafoam top end cleaner. After:
2kLrCxRiXceuRnFWC1_-kmVUH8wdoPr7NHsAjRYzuldhVqumm6WIAXTPyaCYj23_tmKaNT19li64N0xan1rlHvK87bClOinCq64kt_mg9mpoxPzdDbX_x6zV9DbDemeRdNiuN4rRvDidR4h-gLDcSlXT9wFXlFs7Mom_AOuMVUP32FCbxiez0E593Wwedi87VH1r4mg670AdntqUOm4De0TXJfeMLgH0KhvgAtk1WJ7XW9dE6HQw6WboxAoG5ygL-gnAA9sUIXgZW3qF1c1MO6tx9KQDDAAW3LVgFkO_KQ_Zm2SJFhjwvvILXo5xGsWn6_b7T9pN0pisvOIfgv-VL7bgCZoc5Z525QIhDYG4XAXbIj0bCm4hRmBLiH1RNohF4rfiioGBGuyzVf7Bhd2dtq_G8bHVyp21qxZES1v-inGnxHF78u5vx3PWD4Ej0hqoA6zjzFPUEOegFcRGu8GeuGLnLH3GBHAW34Mys04R5Udf-E5X-hFu7Sz1EjLOjSVkrjNyjJ6emORyDmsVmYe6vAm8RsQN8mSzvt3inD3Yj7qVdLYaQ7ql544nhi-WJonNY613YY7oZJ8NzpAog0Vau8e2dqMNGhEtRa6joL-CwnEDHg=w477-h635-no

I ended up using a toothbrush and some Valvoline throttle body cleaner. Didn't remove the TB so may not have been as thorough. Also found out that when the wand flies off the spray can and into the intake it is no fun to fish out.
That sounds like a pucker moment...

I've had these half doors since I got the 40, but I've never taken the time to install them. So, with warmer weather upon us I've gone from two-tone to tri-color. It's not the cleanest installation, but the driver quarter was wrecked at one time and the repair was less than awesome and it's slightly out of square with the rest of the truck.

40tailgate.jpg

So, the next two projects are building rear swing outs for the spare/cooler/whatever else and front half doors.

I've had these half doors since I got the 40, but I've never taken the time to install them. So, with warmer weather upon us I've gone from two-tone to tri-color. It's not the cleanest installation, but the driver quarter was wrecked at one time and the repair was less than awesome and it's slightly out of square with the rest of the truck.

View attachment 1451845

So, the next two projects are building rear swing outs for the spare/cooler/whatever else and front half doors.

Looks great, Monty! You'll love those rear swing out doors with the top off

Got a big a$$ box for the GX today. Finally going to start to separate from the Franklin/Brentwood soccer mom brigade.

0605171142.jpg

0605171521.jpg

Stay tuned...

Um, this is going to need further explanation... and picture!

Jumping it while driving blindfolded might have done it. :steer:

Wish I had the video.

@jynx as @TeddyBoy said, I may have been a little rough on the 4runner at GSMTR. Sadly I have no pictures but that fits rite in with having no steering . Not sure what is broke but something definitely is.

Made it to step 6. WGW rack is on and ready for RTT test fit tomorrow.

0609172102.jpg

IMG_2499.JPG
IMG_2500.JPG
Got the issue fixed up, thanks to Roger for all the help and the use of his lift again.

He definitely jumped it! That blindfold race ended up being one of the best parts of GSMTR '17 (that and the raffle!)

thanks for saying. Seemed it got so little attention outside those that participated. Maybe next year we'll introduce the mud hole a little more and get some rigs (and navigators) dirty. :spiderman:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom