What did you do with your truck this week? (19 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

...Update...I was able to find a local guy to me to do it. I called 5 or 6 body shops and they all refused to weld on a frame. Weird.

I'd cut those guys off as close to frame as possible. Take some pics of the mounting points and methods and take with you for a guide if someone is helping that's unfamiliar with their use. I would add gussets to the existing design but they obviously lived up well tested.

Find a tube diameter that's ID matches the OD of the outriggers and sleeve, drill and rosette weld to length desired. You may have to make them round again in places :lol:

You could make them bolt on at that point by adding plates with gussets to the ends and then going u bolts or bolts and backing plates. It would likely be more work for the fabricator though

Yeah, I'm planning to take lots of pictures before I cut them off. Then try to get it as close to the frame as possible. I'll go from there once I see what I have to work with. If the local guy doesn't feel comfortable with it I'll wait until I can get it in to Marshall.

I really have no need to make them bolt on. If I ever need to get to the exhaust and the slider is in the way, I'll just cut them off again. I have no intention to ever sell my 80, so not really worried about it looking perfect. It's pretty beat on already and has a some rust creeping in. My hope is that within 2 years it will be dedicated to trails and I'll something else to use as my DD. After that point, I would probably just part it out, if ever needed.

The well loved sliders from The Rasin will live on in the Blue Whale. Thanks Onur @beno !
IMG_20160512_150403817.jpg

Not really doing anything......except riding around aimlessly :steer: just to get a feel for the NEW suspension marshal did for me last week :D!

It's a little loose changing lanes, but the ride is vastly improved from the old stock stuff. I think I'm going to need an alignment but might just let it ride till i get new tires.

Thanks again Marshall!!:beer::beer:

o and I need a sticker @Trollhole

Everyone needs stickers. The leave my hands as soon as I get them. Shirts as well. Hats are in the works. They will be free except for the ones with Leds in the bill.

Epic weekend.....oldest daughter outdoor wedding Sunday morning at Serenity Farm in Easley. At her request, bridesmaids drove up in our FZJ80, groom and groomsmen drove up in FJ62 and i drove her up in the 40! Newlyweds drove off in the 62. More pics coming!
LAT wedding #1.jpg
LAT wedding #3 (2).JPG
LAT wedding #4.JPG

LAT wedding #5.JPG

Epic weekend.....oldest daughter outdoor wedding Sunday morning at Serenity Farm in Easley. At her request, bridesmaids drove up in our FZJ80, groom and groomsmen drove up in FJ62 and i drove her up in the 40! Newlyweds drove off in the 62. More pics coming!View attachment 1267255 View attachment 1267256 View attachment 1267257

View attachment 1267264

:clap: That's freaking awesome! :clap: Congrats to you and your daughter. - So is the one she drove off in her wedding gift? :D:D

:clap: That's freaking awesome! :clap: Congrats to you and your daughter. - So is the one she drove off in her wedding gift? :D:D
Ha! No but have already gotten several texts from them as my son-in-law is loving driving the FJ62 on honeymoon #1 (Honeymoon #2 in August in Glacier National Park)
65 FJ45 1 Wahalla.jpg
65 FJ45 2 Wahalla.jpg
....they are trying to figure out how to get a 60 or 62 now. They sent me these pics from where they are staying in Wahalla...a tree house owned by one of the band members from Need to Breathe and this is sitting in the barn....1965 FJ45. He is needing some help with parts/repairs so naturally we have directed him to @Trollhole !

Great wedding scenes, love the choice of vehicles.

Not strictly Land Cruiser related, but this is why I defected to the F350:

Spent all day Sunday riding the trails at Enoree with friends on old bikes.

I did see an Iron Pig for sale in NC and almost trailered it home. So don't worry, I'll own another cruiser sooner or later.

13329142_825118714290115_1424063774_n.jpg

Well, it was confirmed that I did twist my sector shaft at Windrock. Eric and I discussed going with hydro assist last weekend, but I talked to the folks at West Texas Off-road today. I think I'm going to send them the box I got from Eric and have them rebuild it and replace the sector shaft and pitman arm with one from a 105. They say it's much much stronger. So we'll see. Waiting on one call back then I'm going to make my decision.

I just want it back for OTMT. Matt at Redneck Ram said he will turn it around in 3 days.

OK, not necessarily "this week" more like what have you done since OTMT...for those following along... a recap - Rear caliper siezed up while in 4Hi, diff was low on fluid because I left out two bolts on the side cover of the e-locker actuator (toasted the pinion bearings), t-case grenaded, rear main seal has been leaking a while...

Over the last 5-6 weeks roughly in this order...I've replaced the rear diff with ECGS,removed the exhaust and cracked a few studs in the process, removed the tcase & trans, replaced the rear main seal, replaced the motor mounts, added heat/sound deadener to the tranny tunnel, reinstalled the transmission, replaced the rear calipers, soft lines and hardlines, wrastled with the exhaust (wasted half a Saturday), replaced the tcase with one from a wrecked FJC, discovered the shifter on the new tcase was bent (used old shift lever), had the exhaust rebuilt, had the drive shafts rebuilt (rear one got thicker wall tubing, but smaller overall diameter), replaced old engine/trans skids, reshaped my gas skid, installed brand new forward gas tank strap, fashioned new studs (sheared off too) on the rear gas tank strap since the one I ordered is still on back order (somebody in Japan needs to get busy), installed the gas tank skid

A lot of ground covered in 6 weekends. Kudos to ACC for letting me use a lift for that long. Just in time for Southern Cruiser Crawl this week, whew, cutting it close huh Carswell?!

Driveshafts (3).JPG
Exhaust (9).JPG
Skids (6).JPG
Transmission (29).JPG
Tcase (27).JPG

Getting new tie rods and alignment tomorrow. Did the 180k service and the starter. Rotating tires too. Then off to crawl!

Picked the 60 up from Marshall's earlier this week after having an Ironman 2.5" lift put on. New 33s went on this morning.

vrIxT8T.jpg

NICE! Put some sliders on that bad boy! Mine was the tan one getting the HG job.

Reactions: bro

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom