What did you do with your 60 this weekend? (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

My ergonomic struggle with the 60 driving position is how far away the steering wheel is if I have the pedals at a comfortable distance.
If you need the steering wheel closer to you, you could run a quick detatch and an aftermarket wheel, it will push the steering wheel like 3-4 inches closer to you

I put bmw seats in my 60, the best mod yet. I rode my original seats all the way back, the new ones have a few more inches to go
Ok, BMW seats are on the list... After brakes haha
it don't seem that tight to bounce both front corners when coming thru :flipoff2:
Meh it could be worse... At least I didn't take off my new 70s mirrors...

I need another 3-4 inches so I can straighten out my legs while driving. Any idea if the BMW seats gain some leg room?
No idea. That project is on a long list of to do’s and I don’t know when I’ll ever get to try it myself.

Custom Snorkel screen. Got a couple of hours to kill.
In no particular order. Took one of my old last century round headlight screens and made rough cut. Couple of strips of .18 ga metal leftover from fender work. Bent it up. Welded it up. Kind of fun. Got a road warrior vibe to it. Should keep the sticks and leaves out of my airbox now. Final pic when the paint dries.

1DA58AB1-2E83-4672-90C6-4E60708402F8.jpeg
F906F4DD-9439-4E13-BFB5-2025B83682C5.jpeg
0B4B5A9A-2000-4E0D-BA71-A6996543A86C.jpeg
FC729689-84DA-45B1-88F9-12207E6F9722.jpeg

If you need the steering wheel closer to you, you could run a quick detatch and an aftermarket wheel, it will push the steering wheel like 3-4 inches closer to you
I've considered that; I would appreciate a thicker rim also. I'd lose the original Toyota wheel and the signal stalks would be further away, right?

I'm a little surprised there isn't a splined extender for the Toyota shaft/wheel but with the way the securing nut and horn ring mounts it probably wouldn't work.

My ergonomic struggle with the 60 driving position is how far away the steering wheel is if I have the pedals at a comfortable distance.
So you have T-Rex arms? lol I have the same issue.

Is that a Mishimoto?
Honestly... No idea. It's from cruiser corps. Got here in great time, no damage. Cools good. Cooler than the original.

Only _minor_ gripe, the AT lines wouldn't screw in as far, the threads ended and blocked my threading it further.

I've considered that; I would appreciate a thicker rim also. I'd lose the original Toyota wheel and the signal stalks would be further away, right?

I'm a little surprised there isn't a splined extender for the Toyota shaft/wheel but with the way the securing nut and horn ring mounts it probably wouldn't work.
yeah the stalks will be about 3 inches or so further. You get used to it. It does open you up to a variety of other steering wheels though. Nardi, GT, momo, Grip Royal, etc

New radiator. The one installed by the PO was welded/soldered about three times a couple of years ago. Started leaking again so I figured i'd just replace. Ordered a CSF *before* reading all the mixed reviews on here. And then of course when I removed the existing one it was a CSF also 😖. Hoping it holds up better than the last one. 🤞

IMG_4950.JPG

IMG_4953.JPG

IMG_4954.JPG

IMG_4957.JPG

Got @ChaserFJ60 to print me a new bezel 3.0. Used an 80 series dial switch for front and rear ARB lockers and an 80 series Defrost switch to activate the air compressor. 2 JDM vertical seat heat switches are for the seat heaters, and Chase's fj62 flush mount dual usb port on the right. The left side of the cig lighter is all stock fj60 stuff. All the switches light up and dim off of the rheostat thats relocated under my cruise on/off switch.

Ive still got to laser cut an air compressor decal for the defrost switch and it will be done. Dont have the ARB Lockers yet because i havent built the 80 axles yet, so when you twist the dial it just shoots air out of the solenoids pretty violently. Sounds like youre shooting nitrous.

Thanks @NLXTACY for posting your wiring harness instructions for running the dial switch with ARB Lockers. It works perfectly

Was able to get rid of so much wiring from the ARB compressor harness too. The way they have their switches set up is kind of a ton of extra wires.

E5rwxFah.png

DXDc1bbh.jpg

R24qxBPh.jpg

4LGLgq1h.jpg

2gqrPDch.png

AmatHqVh.jpg

CX9DYTIh.jpg

LGslbgph.jpg

This is the first dash Chase printed for me using carling rocker switches.

9QGtZkth.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom