What did you do with your 60 this weekend? (35 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Finally made some brackets to install hub cap clips to the 16x7 tundra steelies
IMG_0761.JPG
lies.

IMG_0772.JPG

Dropped her off at @torfab this morning to finally get the H55F swap done. I pick it up early next week.

Parked at Torfab.jpg

Finished up my engine bay clean up (timing cover gasket/painting, hoses, belts, shroud, radiator, valve cover gasket/painting, heater pipe plating) BUT most importantly installed La Cucaracha to annoy my daughter on her phone.
3136EF25-1AB0-4089-8C25-ACCDBFBD252E_1_105_c.jpeg

Do you think This Tru Cool 11 x 11 x 1 1/2" 29,000 btu tranny cooler would be enough without the radiator cooler? If so I'd probably get the Champion.

It seems to usually be enough for mine. I can still make the light come on if I'm pulling a big huge hill, but it is really rare.

First fluid change with H55 and new tcase. Oil looked great, drain plugs looked good. Switched to my usual BradPenn and now the notchiness is gone, couldn't wait to ditch the break-in oil, Sta-Lube...doesn't get my vote and BradPenn is very close in price. Also painted the replacement output flange...the genuine toyota one I bought had a different flange for the front and I didn't realize it changed :( Thanks @cruiseroutfit

80k13Dn.jpg

NKvgCkl.jpg

ONrs0o8.jpg

First fluid change with H55 and new tcase. Oil looked great, drain plugs looked good. Switched to my usual BradPenn and now the notchiness is gone, couldn't wait to ditch the break-in oil, Sta-Lube...doesn't get my vote and BradPenn is very close in price. Also painted the replacement output flange...the genuine toyota one I bought had a different flange for the front and I didn't realize it changed :( Thanks @cruiseroutfit

80k13Dn.jpg

NKvgCkl.jpg

ONrs0o8.jpg
After I drive my truck from Everett back to Spokane when I pick it up from @torfab I'll be changing out the tranny and tcase oil with Schaeffer's gear oil. I've used it in my diffs and tcase for a little while now and it's good stuff. I didn't think to ask what oil they put in when they do the swap. Curious now lol. Especially since the ones they're putting in are already broken in.

Some people for crying out loud shouldn't touch a wrench! Just got my 62 out for the summer and after installing the lift this winter had a vibration. Felt like the driveshaft so put her up this morning and took a look. Jeez how's this for phasing? Got it clocked right and should be good now we'll see on the way home. Also installed a catch can and might put another one on the breather.

I'll say she sure is running great! A good tune, valve adjustment, set timing, and cleaning the throttle body did wonders. Going to try to get into camp Saturday, hopefully there's not too much snow left guarantee it's going to be muddy.

IMG_20200428_103044.jpg

IMG_20200428_103246.jpg

IMG_20200428_114547.jpg

Installed a new double din stereo, its the Alpine iLX-W650 and you would think it was made specifically for this truck. Its really shallow, only like 3", and couldn't fit in the dash opening any more perfect. I also bought the Parking break override kit for $10, it was all very easy to install. Very happy with it and the it really produces better sound out of the speakers.

Test Fit
Dash pic 1.jpg

Final Install
Dash pic 2.jpg

Dash pic Final.jpg

80k13Dn.jpg

NKvgCkl.jpg

ONrs0o8.jpg

And the award for " SEXIEST YOKE OF THE YEAR " goes too....

Nice!

What's your plan for the inverter in the back? Watch the game on the big screen?
Are you going to upgrade the Alternator?
If I remember correctly, the Blue Sea switches are pretty big, where's that going?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom