What did you do with your 60 this weekend? (26 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Finally mounted my new to me rims.
255/85/16 KM2's
16x8 Wheel Vintiques

IMG_7236-1.JPG

that going in your 60? I've been trying to come up with a way to install one in my 62.

That's the plan, I'm pretty excited to get it installed.

I believe Toyota made a version for the 62? But not positive. Just read it somewhere.

Since i don't have a 70 series... I'm going the next best thing.......

Finally... two plus years later I'm installing @TRAIL TAILOR vinyl kit......

Love the texture, color & way it's coming out....
Don't expect it to be perfect cause I'm a jack of all trades, but master of none....

Goodbye dust, and cattle dog hairs.....

20181102_164918~2.jpg

Love the decals! Original or did you put them on?

Thanks! The previous owner had them installed. They are reproductions of the original decals. I’ve seen a few pictures online of other 60s with the same design. Probably where the inspiration came from...

Dam that thing is clean!!!! Is that a Gamiviti rack? Love those things. Nice stripping too. How do you keep the garage floor so dam clean!!?

Yeah Gamiviti expo flat rack. I had it extended to 90 inches, hindsight wish I went like 92. It sits a little inwards on the rear but it works. I vacuum the floor and use a mop and bucket once a month.

A very dirty day for me. I received my new CSF copper/brass radiator and started doing the "while you're in there" stuff. Have you replaced the water pump and all the hoses on a 3FE?!? OMG. Anyway, also replaced the front crank seal to stop a leak. Yeah, got that 253 ft.lbs. Thanks Michael Hein for your tutelage. Never did get to opening the box for that new radiator. I need another hose and then all that accessory bolt-up. Don't want to do that again for a long while.

IMG_2280.jpg

IMG_2269.jpg

A very dirty day for me. I received my new CSF copper/brass radiator and started doing the "while you're in there" stuff. Have you replaced the water pump and all the hoses on a 3FE?!? OMG. Anyway, also replaced the front crank seal to stop a leak. Yeah, got that 253 ft.lbs. Thanks Michael Hein for your tutelage. Never did get to opening the box for that new radiator. I need another hose and then all that accessory bolt-up. Don't want to do that again for a long while.

View attachment 1824806

View attachment 1824807

Yes, the front of a 3FE is an absolute mutherfrugger to work on! I mean seriously, fuggit, I've torn into mine several times.
Good for you replacing the front crank seal, mine leaks but I didn't have the wherewithal/balls to open that up when I had the front end torn down recently.

I really want a different motor to play with.

Having tried to use afternarket rims that came off of 40's in the past, having any problems with the offset on the front for the TRE? Love the look, actually at one point kept looking around for enough of the OEM 60 steel rim spares to take off the chromes on my 60.

Oh, oblig what did I do this weekend. I started working on my parts rig and got the front fenders, hood, grill and headlights, radiator and a/c bits off to give me better access to the motor prior to pulling. It was a basket case I bought years ago, but has an H55 installed in a 83, so will have all the bits I need to update my 84.

Glenn in Tucson

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom