What Did You Do With Your 120 Today? (12 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have done this, but on Tacomas as I lift a Tacoma almost every week. Common issue with 5100/6112. They fail more often than one would imagine. Definitely want to torque that lower shock bolt once tires are back on, vehicle on the ground.
The originals lasted about 50k miles of pretty hard use, so I can't be too mad at that. Shocks themselves are still in good shape, so we'll see how long the OE bushings last.

Took mine out
IMG_4833.jpeg

The originals lasted about 50k miles of pretty hard use, so I can't be too mad at that. Shocks themselves are still in good shape, so we'll see how long the OE bushings last.
Better than mine. I get about 30k out of mine (650lb springs) but super easy to replace so not a big thing.
Wheelers also sells the replacement bushing.

Snaked and flushed the sun roof drains today. Woo boy they were in bad shape. Had a lot of rain yesterday, and the driver side carpet was soaked.

Ended up going from the bottom of the hose up because I was having trouble going from the sunroof drain down

Snaked it with weed whacker line, and used the drill as a roto rooter. Then flushed with boiling water.

Look at how nasty that flush is!

IMG_0945.jpeg

Thoroughly detailed the truck over the last 2 days. Park outside, and it had been months since the last wash.

I love the feel of the leather seats after washing and conditioning them. So smooth and soft.

View attachment 3596401View attachment 3596402View attachment 3596403View attachment 3596404

View attachment 3596400
Looking super clean! What Snorkel are you running? I feel like I have seen those but on some kind of sketchy websites. How was the shipping experience, and how does it run for you?

Looking super clean! What Snorkel are you running? I feel like I have seen those but on some kind of sketchy websites. How was the shipping experience, and how does it run for you?
Thanks!

I have the Lenz Design snorkel.

Their reviews are spotty for sure. So buyer beware. It took a while to ship, but I wasn’t in a hurry to install it. The template it came with was TERRIBLE. It also does not come with the necessary tubing to connect the snorkel to the air intake box, but that was easily remedied with Amazon.

Install was easy. No issues with it since install.

Thanks!

I have the Lenz Design snorkel.

Their reviews are spotty for sure. So buyer beware. It took a while to ship, but I wasn’t in a hurry to install it. The template it came with was TERRIBLE. It also does not come with the necessary tubing to connect the snorkel to the air intake box, but that was easily remedied with Amazon.

Install was easy. No issues with it since install.
The Lenz looks about 100X better than any other snorkel on the market. It's on my mod list for sure.

The most aggravating clip in the history of automotive engineering.

*When I originally installed the roof rack, I had problems with the drivers side front bolts not lining up so could only get one in. I decided to fix it today. Spent a good hour and a half removing the rack, tearing stuff out of the way, finding the gold retaining clip(which had fallen off into the pillar area) then trying to reach up into that little space to clip it on with one hand, while holding the bolt bracket in place outside from above with a bolt started in it with the other hand. Victory came once I jammed a long slotted Screwdriver into the end of the clip and surgically put it in place. I never want to screw with these again. Absolutely terrible.

20240408_085244.jpg

Last edited:
Made a light bar for the back door. I use my fold down table a lot, but needed some light.

I didn’t want to stick the adhesive lights right to the plastic trim. Thought this might look a bit more polished.

The top row is red. The bottom row is white. They’re wired to a toggle switch, and that will be run to a fuse tap in the power seat fuse for always-on power.

Used a deutsch (spelling?) plug after the switch to make it a bit cleaner running wires to the driver side fuse box.

The light bar is steel flat stock that I bent in a vise and painted black. Used some Amazon light bar brackets with it.

IMG_0990.jpeg

Spring is here and got some cleaning done, finally!

Got it washed, clay barred, removed all the water spot etching (I think this car used to be parked next to a sprinkler system), polished, and finally graphene ceramic coated, all while mostly in the garage. It’s in much better shape now and shining!

Also got the grease gun out and filled up the upper control arm’s bushings. Add on the usual spray dry line to the uniball, no more squeaks!

CVs had to be replaced recently. Radiator too. Just down to a fresh only change next.

Fully ready for some quality off road mudding shenanigans now.

IMG_9684.jpeg
IMG_9687.jpeg
IMG_9690.jpeg

Spring is here and got some cleaning done, finally!

Got it washed, clay barred, removed all the water spot etching (I think this car used to be parked next to a sprinkler system), polished, and finally graphene ceramic coated, all while mostly in the garage. It’s in much better shape now and shining!

Also got the grease gun out and filled up the upper control arm’s bushings. Add on the usual spray dry line to the uniball, no more squeaks!

CVs had to be replaced recently. Radiator too. Just down to a fresh only change next.

Fully ready for some quality off road mudding shenanigans now.

View attachment 3604097View attachment 3604098View attachment 3604102
Looks really good.....

You still on the 8" out back, and have you broken anything yet? I'm always fretting about grenading my 8" on trails and it does seem to have some slop in it already. I'm only on 32's though.

You still on the 8" out back, and have you broken anything yet? I'm always fretting about grenading my 8" on trails and it does seem to have some slop in it already. I'm only on 32's though.
Everyone says I will even if I’m gentle. I wheeled Windrock last year, and the year before for a week on 35’s and nothing.

I don’t drive like most of the guys in the videos, I use the ATRAC and keep the rpm’s high enough to keep it engaged. And I use the winch. Now that I’m on 37’s this will probably be the last Windrock trip with the 8”. I have another axles selected amd sitting in the backyard and it’s not an off the shelf $6000 something or other. It’s cheap and reliable. Stay tuned.

IMG_0948.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom