What Did You Do With Your 120 Today? (12 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Short time lurker, first time poster.

Replaced the headlight housings and added LED DRL/blinkers. So much better!

IMG_9502.jpeg

Also, greased up the telescoping steering wheel system (whatever it’s called). So now it’s quiet. On to more projects.

DIYer mode today. Having a heated floor shop for wrenching is gonna be dope.
20240310_174855.jpg

Really great Red.. I'm bringing my stuff in the dead of winter. Really awesome..
I've been in a tiny 1 car shop with no roof insulation for the past 11 years. A day of winter wrenching will burn through $20 in propane. It's also bursting at the seams with tools and very cramped to work in. Can't wait to have some more room as well.

Added an apple car play radio and the first half of the stink bug, I mean lift. Any suggestions on extended sway bar links for the back?

IMG_5426.jpeg

IMG_5427.jpeg

IMG_5433.jpeg

IMG_5432.jpeg

@Svensk120 the TJM lift was gifted to me by @landwagon when he upgraded. I still owe him some more 🍻. The links you suggested look great too. I even contemplated cutting the stock ones and stretching them with the welder.

@Svensk120 the TJM lift was gifted to me by @landwagon when he upgraded. I still owe him some more 🍻. The links you suggested look great too. I even contemplated cutting the stock ones and stretching them with the welder.
yeah @landwagon is a good guy and his old stuff gets around... I have his old high hitch on my GX right now lol

How much lift are they go for?
I have ~3" Dobinsons LT and the sway bar was not a limitation in travel. The lower control arm contacted the axle tube before the end link and sway bar maxed out. The 2nd gen links get the sway bar pretty close to parallel vs the lower arms. Heres how they looked with my old 5160 setup.
9966.jpg

I have ~3" Dobinsons LT and the sway bar was not a limitation in travel. The lower control arm contacted the axle tube before the end link and sway bar maxed out. The 2nd gen links get the sway bar pretty close to parallel vs the lower arms. Heres how they looked with my old 5160 setup.View attachment 3579297
This is great info thanks. What particular links did you use?

This is great info thanks. What particular links did you use?
Proforged or something like that if I remember correctly; nothing fancy or expensive. It was off Amazon a few years ago, so I don't remeber the details.

In case anyone else has Bilstein 6112s and your lower bushings get blown out, OE Toyota/Lexus part number 90903-89012 is a direct replacement since Bilstein won't sell a replacement.

I used a ball joint press and 30mm socket to push the old bushing out and press the new one in. No heat or anything needed. Easy job and got rid of a very annoying front end clunk.
1000012595.jpg

In case anyone else has Bilstein 6112s and your lower bushings get blown out, OE Toyota/Lexus part number 90903-89012 is a direct replacement since Bilstein won't sell a replacement.

I used a ball joint press and 30mm socket to push the old bushing out and press the new one in. No heat or anything needed. Easy job and got rid of a very annoying front end clunk. View attachment 3588653

I have done this, but on Tacomas as I lift a Tacoma almost every week. Common issue with 5100/6112. They fail more often than one would imagine. Definitely want to torque that lower shock bolt once tires are back on, vehicle on the ground.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom