What did you do to your pig today? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Glen is OK for a damn Yankee.

I am tearing stuff apart for paint.

IMG_7341.JPG

pending VIN verification...thanks to @RAGINGMATT , there is now plenty of info on where it is and what it should look like. all I can do is hope they don't care about the frame stamp now...

Got my axles out and old brakes off. Found out the disc conversion brackets I bought were next to useless. One out of three mounting holes lined up. Lots of grinding, but made them work. Using '87 4Runner calipers for the back. Rotors I bought won't fit. Looks like '89 chevy rotors will work. Feel like I'm reinventing the wheel sometimes. Trying to get an '84 Toyota truck power steering box for the swap. Frustrating day, but somehow will make it all play well together. Still trying to get the nasty mouse pee smell out of the interior.

remove all textiles, grind down loose paint, clean and respray the interior....That's what I'm doing to get rid of the asstray smell. Cripes; I used to smell like that??? More than 2 years after I quit, and it STILL wreaked...no wonder people were always giving me the stink eye...

Glad to here you both quit smoking. Worked in the operating room for 35 years. Saw lots of sadness related to that habit. Hard to believe our government subsidizes the indrustry. On a different note, got my brackets mounted and rotors in place. Was interesting to tear into third member to remove axles. Took about three trys to line gears back up, but they did come together. All this while some intense storms blew through the area. Bet Scrapdaddy got to experience them too. Almost forgot Missouri had such extreme storms. Was away for over a decade.

IMG_2476.JPG
IMG_2479.JPG
IMG_2481.JPG
Seat risers

Those look great. What type of seats are you using? Are you going to still use the rear heater?

:eek: no, the front heater does juuuuuuust fine in this "cozy" thing.

These are fj60 seats and sliders...I'm using .120" wall 1 1/2x 3...the risers all fall on the body cross beams. all are open to drain/ not catch crap...prolly wont weld the nuts on just yet/ gunna make some square nuts that fit the channels so they can be replaced easily, just in case...still have a bit of adjustment on a couple of the small feet to get em dead on, but I'm feeling pretty good about this plan. I just wanted an open floorplan, so I could put whatever, wherever...one step closer...next up are Pablos shoulder belts!

The day might come when I take the rear heater out on mine. That would let me lower the seat frame just a tad. Good job on setting yours up. Any thoughts on making some drawers under the seats.

I was on that cliff....then I pulled back in and thought happy, safe thoughts...I'm just gunna stuff it full of kit rolls, and saving the cray cray for things like center console and ceiling mounted AC unit

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom