Builds What did you do to your Land Cruiser/Toyota/Lexus 4X4 this week? (9 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

We made the long weekend longer with a self-supported five-day tour to the New Mexico border and back by way of the Mogollon and eastern Arizona river country. Lots of fly fishing, hiking, and wildlife viewing and photography; great food, oxygen-rich sleep, and fine company.

View attachment 2322070View attachment 2322071View attachment 2322072View attachment 2322073View attachment 2322074
Get any fishing done? I'm looking to take my fly rod up to the White Mountains for 3-4 days and see what I can get into. Haven't fished with a fly in well over a decade (and never in Arizona) and forgot everything! Also, would you be willing to PM any decent camp areas? Never been further NE than Payson/Rim Country.

Started the Great Western Trail Great Western Trail
Did the Arizona portion from the Mexican/Arizona to the Utah/Arizona border.
Started this trek a couple days before the Memorial Holiday and ended up being perfect timing. Saw less than 12 vehicles in all the roads cars were not able to travel, more than 500 miles total.
Trip Stats
1388 miles total
775 GWT miles
More than 600 dirt
Average speed ~20mph
Over 40hour of drive time to complete the Trail
On the last leg I drove
10 hours/200 miles over a 2 day time frame and never saw anything or anybody.
Because of the timing I drove the complete Box Canyon and did not see 1 person. The next morning I did Bulldog starting at Usery pass and saw one Jeep.
All in all the trail has everything you will want in a trail to keep your attention and more than many will want.

0D094203-DD19-43B5-A0BC-2BE660591AC6.jpeg
FAEA8AC5-FD64-4AEF-9F41-44873E745620.jpeg

E435C3AF-6E9B-43CC-A30C-08112EA47ABA.jpeg
50886C8E-A7A9-40C9-BD32-E5A3CCE18B90.jpeg
4DEE7223-7F41-4AAF-A4EB-327C863BBCD2.jpeg

In and out today with @murf at Riverview to get the brakes serviced. Front pads, fluid, deglazed the rear pads alleviated some squeaking and most annoying sticky peddle. Stellar service as usual, nice to see Brian there now too. Always great to see ya Eric, thanks much!

20200529_164534.jpg

Siesta time!
Just got done with r&r third member to seal up a leak. Pack birfields, wheel bearings. Replaced all four rotors and pads. Replaced brake booster. Bled the brakes. I was up until 2 this morning working on it. Took a few hours to sleep then got it done before this heat warning day kicked my butt.
7196B471-6134-44F1-A519-2AD2B70AB0C6.jpeg
I
It’s not a race car because the calipers are not red.

That is a cool place for the moment, what are the odd's?
I say good Ju-Ju for the Card's this year. :cheers:

How many miles did you drive around the lot?:lol:

Did a deep clean of the engine compartment of my 93 followed by: valve cover gasket, throttle body service, spark plugs, compression test, fuel filter, coolant flush, power steering pump rebuild, ps fluid flush and new hoses. Waiting for the new water pump and heater valve to show up before it goes to it's new home. This is the cleanest 228k motor I have seen, always run with conventional oil. All cylinders were between 181 and 189psi. Proof that maintenance pays off!

IMG_20200603_140403564.jpg

MC readies his mike...(grumblings from the crowd, jeep lovers boo-ing, smell of cheap beer and Old spice permeate ). "...and in the blue corner, hailing from Chandler, AZ, 27 years young, weighing in at a slim 6000 lbs, slower than a chess game, faster than a bicycle, the one, the only...the Temperamental Tio Nacho!!!!!"

(CSC members roar "YEEAAAAAHOOOOOO" whilst throwing stale popcorn around at the jeep drivers direction).

Zona
F3E993CA-615C-4D0D-97FD-95AB66087E29.jpeg
D0654345-AE8D-4AAC-BBE7-30147DA3B4D7.jpeg

Last edited:
(grumblings from the crowd, jaheep lovers boo-ing, smell of cheap beer and Old spice permeate )...and in the blue corner, hailing from Chandler, AZ, weighing in at a slim 6000 lbs, the Temperamental Tio Nacho!!!!!! (CSC members roar "yeaaaahhhhhh" whilst throwing stale popcorn at the jaheep drivers).

Zona
View attachment 2330440View attachment 2330441

Where might I get my 200 Series weighed? Been wondering about that for a while.

Added a "Mini-me" cruiser to the stable, a 2017 GX460. Only 24k miles on it. The LX now gets to enjoy its retirement and will be used almost exclusively for fun. The GX is obviously a different animal, much more refined but, still a truck. It may see an occasional dirt road but, not for awhile. Will also use it to tow the boat, the Cruiser did a great job at it, when going down hill anyways, and was clearly out of its element there.

GX460.jpg

New whine in the A340f transmission today. Bummer, sounds like a planetary/overdrive gear going south.:meh:

2001 is the only 3rd gen you still have? How many miles?
Our daughter is still driving the '99 which just rolled 300k. The '01 has 275k on everything but the engine which was replaced by the P.O.

Had a hard brake pedal for months on my 80. Finally got around to pulling the brake booster to replace, and found that...I was missing gaskets for both ends of the booster. Painted my refurb'ed unit and waiting for new gaskets from toyotapartsoverstock.com in the mail. Oh...PO had lost the master cylinder-to-booster gasket, clamp, and bracket, and one of the nuts inside the firewall. Seemed to work ok without all that. Does anyone know where I can replace that nut, at least with something workable?

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back
    Top Bottom