Builds What did you do to your Land Cruiser/Toyota/Lexus 4X4 this week? (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Our Friend from Geico paid us a visit.

20200328_203111.jpg

20200328_203043.jpg

20200328_203002.jpg

Practicing responsible fire management

20200328_183039.jpg

what did the ax do to you

I was thinking if the fire extinguisher got hot enough the gauge might move back into the green range. Pretty much worthless putting a fire out without pressure. Trick is to keep it hot enough to keep it in the green range and not explode.

Finally got the ham radio installed in the new cruiser. Mounted the remote faceplate in the sunglasses holder in the overhead console. Mounted the radio body in the CD changer location in the center console. I'm curious how it will handle the heat in that location. We'll see.

View attachment 2251339View attachment 2251340View attachment 2251341

In case anyone is curious, pulling the cd changer and the 2nd row seat control unit had no effect on my aftermarket Bluetooth audio unit. I can still stream audio from my phone to the stereo. I was a little concerned since the aftermarket Bluetooth only works when the cd button is selected.

In case anyone is curious, pulling the cd changer and the 2nd row seat control unit had no effect on my aftermarket Bluetooth audio unit. I can still stream audio from my phone to the stereo. I was a little concerned since the aftermarket Bluetooth only works when the cd button is selected.

What bluetooth device are you using?

I hope you sanitized that take measure before you touched it.

Mark, it looks like you need some new tailgate supports.
Tailgate supports work fine. When I use my wrap around tent for that area the support rod just holds the hatch up firmly.

20200118_180447.jpg

Changed the oil, filters and spark plugs then went and passed emissions with flying colors.
IMG_20200331_123141.jpg
Out with the old and in with the new. It's much nicer getting parts from Riverview, I'm only minutes away.
IMG_20190927_124336.jpg
picture from earlier this year

Last edited:
Passenger side lock stopped working in my wife's 100, again! Luckily I bought 5 motors a few years ago. I managed to break a few plastic pieces. I'm trying to decide if I should bother to fix them. It's all put back together.
IMG_20200328_120425.jpg
IMG_20200328_120414.jpg

This afternoon after watching @1BadToy do his speaker install via IG I finally knew what those damn little clips were for, the panel clips I am referring to. So I went out and fixed my front speakers maybe tomorrow I will do the rear door speakers.

Recently I added a rear drawer system to the back of the LC. Since adding it I really hadn't had a chance to situate the tools and tool bags as I wanted them. So I had some rattles from the tool, mainly the breaker bar, torque wrench, and pry bar. Got that all taken care of and now hopefully it doesn't rattle anymore.

To clean up the back I also removed the 3rd-row seat belts. I plugged the holes in the floor with the anchor bolts but now I have to figure out a way to plug the holes in the trim.

Very nice. Looks great!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom