Builds What did you do to your Land Cruiser/Toyota/Lexus 4X4 this week? (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Went out today to Rattlesnake Cove at Bartlett Lake in my vintage Cruiser
A3322F3A-3061-44ED-B713-091CCE181F1D.jpeg

and celebrated my wife’s vintage birthday.

I think you will love the tent. So far my Tepui was the best sleeping option I have had for camp.

I like sleeping in them, just the setup and takedown takes a while. Mostly due to how tall the truck is. I had an Ayer for a while, but sold it after the wife decided she hated it. This one is double the weight, but is way more roomy and a little easier to setup. We will see

Setup and takedown time is one of the main reasons I bought the Alu-cab. Not as roomy though.

Setup and takedown time is one of the main reasons I bought the Alu-cab. Not as roomy though.
About 80% of the time I'm solo in this truck and I end up sleeping on a cot if the weather is good, in the back of the truck if the weather is bad and I'm camping in a different place each night, or in a backpacking tent. Including the rtt, I sleep better in each than I do in my bed at home hands down. That said, I bough my first rtt because I spent 4 nights camping in mud during a January hunt. The next 3 outings were much improved. So the moral of the story is that I am extremely lazy when it come to setting up camp, unless I'm prepping for bad weather... Lol

About 80% of the time I'm solo in this truck and I end up sleeping on a cot if the weather is good, in the back of the truck if the weather is bad and I'm camping in a different place each night, or in a backpacking tent. Including the rtt, I sleep better in each than I do in my bed at home hands down. That said, I bough my first rtt because I spent 4 nights camping in mud during a January hunt. The next 3 outings were much improved. So the moral of the story is that I am extremely lazy when it come to setting up camp, unless I'm prepping for bad weather... Lol

I slept in my trucks for years, even for a full week at my first 100s in the Hills a couple years ago. That worked for me solo, but not with my now 3 year old and wife. I was never a huge fan of roof top tents. Seemed like a big expense for not much benefit. I saw a few things about the Alu-cab and at some point talked myself into it being worth the cost. I've had the full family in it, and it's still been great. I'm pretty happy with it, but still definitely need to get out more.

I had a Summit Hut gift card left over from Christmas and felt the need to support local businesses today....
Full intentions of walking out with a Yeti till I remembered these are made in Flagstaff, win,win.
001.JPG

Sure this will be passed down through the generations...
002.JPG

I did nothing. @murf took care of my alternator install. Been making noise for the last month and battery light finally came on. A few other things going on under there but nothing that affects operation. First service visit to Riverview and of course nothing but great. Cool to see Sergio there. I tried for about an hour to get that sucker out last month and said screw it. Chose time over money.

Temporarily shiny...

20200321_111854.jpg

Uma got new points, and an oil change. I fixed the Id10t code in my valve adjustment and now Uma is one happy lady

Ready to go wheeling
20200321_164146.jpg

Made this to hold me over till I get a RTT. Built it around my Exped, my cooler, my tools and recovery gear case and my chuckbox case. Can't wait to get out and try it.

View attachment 2245810

View attachment 2245811

View attachment 2245812

View attachment 2245813
Made this to hold me over till I get a RTT. Built it around my Exped, my cooler, my tools and recovery gear case and my chuckbox case. Can't wait to get out and try it.

View attachment 2245810

View attachment 2245811

View attachment 2245812

View attachment 2245813

View attachment 2245810

View attachment 2245811

View attachment 2245812

View attachment 2245813

I've run a similar set up for years except my spare tire is under the platform.

20190803_134451.jpg

20190803_134705.jpg

Last edited:
A little social distancing today at Bulldog Canyon for some dirt therapy as @Abigail would say
20200322_135536.jpg
20200322_135523.jpg
20200322_135207.jpg
20200322_135132.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom