Builds What did you do to your Land Cruiser/Toyota/Lexus 4X4 this week? (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Richard, your truck is coming along nicely. Looking good. Are you planning to upgrade to a little larger tire?

Richard, your truck is coming along nicely. Looking good. Are you planning to upgrade to a little larger tire?

Thanks, Mark! Yeah, at some point. I've got a set of 16" wheels now, and I'll throw some 33s on those eventually.

Since the addition of my Whiteline HD rear swaybar I have been fighting link failures. Went to the pictured set up and it seems to be holding up. Consisting of heim joints, DOM , and grade 8 hardware set up. With the solid replacement of the weak upper rubber bushing should result in a more sensitive set up and hopefully a long lasting set up. Once I have enough trail miles to be comfortable I will change the upper bracket to double shear and yellow zinc all the parts needed.

IMG_2790.JPG

Hey Phil, what is your opinion on heims on sway bars?
the tundra swap put my sway bar linkages at odd angles and the bushings aren't long for this world. i was thinking of making new links with heims, but worried about it becoming too stiff or passing vibration to the chassis.

any issues you know of making the switch?

Hey Phil, what is your opinion on heims on sway bars?
the tundra swap put my sway bar linkages at odd angles and the bushings aren't long for this world. i was thinking of making new links with heims, but worried about it becoming too stiff or passing vibration to the chassis.

any issues you know of making the switch?

Using the factory or Whiteline swaybar bushing keeps you away from direct metal to metal contact. For me so far no negative and all positive. My factory link bushing were so short lived giving up tons of play. With the new set up having very little give makes me think it will make the swaybar more sensitive and responsive.

I had an oops. Doing a tune up didn't get the rotor in the right spot and created a backfire.

Took Graham for a quick overnight at McDowell Mountain park. It was his first time sleeping in the tent. Took a while to get him to sleep, and at least three trips down the ladder to potty, but he finally passed out. I had to wake him up this morning to go to breakfast.

IMG_20190504_194416.jpg
MVIMG_20190504_193446.jpg
IMG_20190504_202145.jpg
IMG_20190505_051402.jpg
IMG_20190505_051150.jpg

Installed my new @TRAIL TAILOR tow mounts. Now, when I get stuck, you guys won't have to worry about factory projectiles when you pull me out. :rofl:

Full AHC flush in the 570. Ride significantly better. Didn't see record of it ever being done (now at 140k). A little more difficult than the 470. Bled all 5 locations individually turning on every time to re-pressurize. I think the 570 system is a little easier on the fluid. It was dark but not too milky/cloudy like the 470 gets.

20190511_183954.jpg

Last edited:
replaced the original shocks on my dad's 05 GX470 with bilstien 5100s for a four runner.
the drivers side front had snapped at the bushing.

truck rides super smooth. very pleased with the outcome.
now back to expo prep....

Took advantage of the overcast morning and washed and waxed the truck. Managed to get rid of some of the pinstriping from the ROTM at Kofa.
View attachment 1980872
i ran my truck through a car wash before heading up to expo. the deatailer saw me coming a mile away. i think he took it as a personal challenge to buff out the pinstripes.
took him an hour and a half with a crew of three......Kofa was rough on big red.
Truck looks great, the black really cleaned up nice!

i ran my truck through a car wash before heading up to expo. the deatailer saw me coming a mile away. i think he took it as a personal challenge to buff out the pinstripes.
took him an hour and a half with a crew of three......Kofa was rough on big red.
Truck looks great, the black really cleaned up nice!

Thanks! I considered taking it somewhere and letting them do the work. I'm horrible when it comes to washing my truck, but I figured I'd give it a shot since it looked so bad after Kofa. It came out much better than I expected. I'm sure someone with a buffer and a little more experience could've got more of the scratches out.

OME spring and shocks! Just stock replacements but still gave it about 1.5 inch lift!! Medium duty

On the 97 Lexus that is.........

New front pads and rotors for the eight-zero. I managed 35k out of Hawk Super Duty truck pads till they began squealing. They consistently warped the previous rotors. I went budget performance with the well-reviewed R1 Concepts slotted rotors, and semi metallic pads.

IMG_20190522_173333037.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom