Builds What did you do to your Land Cruiser/Toyota/Lexus 4X4 this week? (13 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

anyone know who this 60 belongs to? asking for a local sale only but look at the price handle he's got on it... wow.
1983 Toyota Landcruiser Land Cruiser FJ60 FJ 60

00n0n_guT8gKWE8l5_600x450.jpg
for the same price as a early 200 series?? There would have to be ALOT of 60 love to drop that kind of money on it. Suspect it will stay on CL for many months like that cream 81 Fj40 for 95K that's been lingering there.

If he is expecting to get anywhere near that kind of money should be willing to ship at buyers expense. Personally these are like 40 series that got better as newer. For this kind of money would expect a 4/85+ with a new five speed already installed. Not sure if snake blinders were used on all years of the 60 series but this doesn't have them. I see people posting up all the time in 60 series parting out thread wanting snake blinders. For this kind of money would want a almost perfect one not missing anything, especially the hard to find parts.

hey fellas has anyone removed the factory roof rack from their 80 series in the last couple years? Considering a low profile rack so those OEM rails have to go. Leaving the luggage strips that are fine. Just wanted to connect with someone local who had done it and quiz them on whether it's necessary to fill, sand and paint the 8 holes that'll be left over; orr just to use bolts and some silicone etc. I know there's lots of threads that touch on the topic just wanting some "local knowledge." PM me if you've done it recently, no need to muck up this thread. thanks in advance
I used low profile allen head screws with rubber washers and some black RTV (my truck is black). They have all held up for 3 years without issue. I took one off after 2 years to drill a hole in the roof for cables and it was very secure and hard to unscrew.

So I checked out the part no. Looking for a full mat too. When I found the part, it looks as if it’s not like the one you got. Was yours filled in at the latch points and flush to the walls? Here’s what I see and it looks unlike yours - what I’m actually looking for. Tks.

View attachment 1803242

Since i have it out not in use at the moment, here is an exact pic of what came out of the aussie shipped box, i showed earlier. It involved emails and reaching out, not website only. Pm you with direct contact info. Hth.

mMeLCQb.jpg

Last edited:
I used low profile allen head screws with rubber washers and some black RTV (my truck is black). They have all held up for 3 years without issue. I took one off after 2 years to drill a hole in the roof for cables and it was very secure and hard to unscrew.
hey thanks very much! that's helpful. but what's RTV?

Next weekend should be good for leaf peeping on the San Francisco Peaks. Pockets are peaking now, but it's far from done. The oaks are beginning to turn along the rim too, as are the riparian trees. Rosa taking dead aim on Flagstaff, but I expect plenty of leaves will survive the rain.

View attachment 1800895

We had a nice camp on the rim this weekend with big views and the first fingers of Rosa's moisture rolling in.

View attachment 1800894 View attachment 1800893 View attachment 1800896 View attachment 1800899
those beautiful pictures

FJ80.jpg

Went and out performed some ATV's by the house before I went and got dinner. Its a tad muddy here right now.

Remounted the wifi MPPT controller (blue box) to give quick access to the new Jetboil Minimo. Two shelves above is where the gas is stored, the kitchen/utensils are in the silver case, wood cutting board above, water spigot is next to the spare, and the Mountain house/breakfast items/coffee bar is in the tailgate. This makes everything needed for cooking accessible from one standing position and fit on the tailgate. My original Jetboil (above the new) is one of the first design still working great that uses a Primus valve:eek: just wanted/needed something that simmers to expand my menu.

FVv-1T3iYSPvRWbh05mh_6TQdMI9A7g1Wx4G9ANjMySEaqbSa8n5Xx4iMN3oCvylElzGGNKiaMMe94k-8l26FMMqsjJHTTIPEYtRlG2BT42OMx7UiVYqtG8dyqtma0oOFyKFrEJqb_LcEHkRZWRXF38mt7NOTUjQcIIMI9hYk6h-0Iro4ER8jgorC1-9rVttjy11hXcrie_bUdSKySWbHTlPLdGcnypkdnq9v1RlvMmFetQoX_Jf9fmdqiNybPhDHhanfyzdcTCvbiTXHR29MmhQ5EwIr9QdkujAtbTbX6u9TYTsOzaMfMpkR8Dri_OEHhDxFj8l665dX6BVBmyLX6t58ZUR6XybGnoD-pUbzw7T44w11S8e9FZC9G63sHMubg0mYm54cTB597i0KwgDKnE8OWJLoDTwF729xvX1pPFU5lvsM0hkrDEiW_4Zk0g5fGW-AGKx80GnXJQ-BcJFCMPZPJulpm9UmIlaCSlXOM8PSqbXuxhn69DXVNl7t5ia0zZoBiwzdzLLvzXrhG6RKuTbVANjHCTRJozDOF2zsmIERbDf32Ova515BRpO6QG23NZjrxqAX8fDL_IiordmZZDAx01zQ7yy2h71usTq_mlowxHCfuGf-Yce5BzMQvM6=w704-h938-no

Drove the 62 to Vegas for a long weekend with new 40G fuel tank. Good shakedown cruise can go just about 500miles on a tank in the hills and maybe 550 on the flat. Stopped at Nothing for lunch. Oh, and hit a small milestone during the trip.

IMG_0939.jpg

10112018 110K FJ62.jpg

Hey, nice power lines (said the geek from APS)

Did you look at the pictures from the Casner Mountain run this year and past years? The trail is up a APS power line road. The pictures of the clouds rolling over the hill we had just come from was under the power lines buzzing and hissing over head. Being APS employee would put this trail on your to do list.

Replaced the battery in the 80. It was 8 years old this month. Battery still checked out OK but, the thought of having it crap out at the most inopportune time got my ass in gear to change it. This was a record for me. I never had a battery last more than 5 years. Most of the time about 3.5 to 4. I did occasionally put it on a 1.25 amp battery tender because of infrequent use, which apparently really helped extend the battery life. By the way if anyone is interested it was an oem toyota true start.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back
    Top Bottom