Builds What did you do to your Land Cruiser/Toyota/Lexus 4X4 this week? (10 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Stopped for a leisurely lunch and soaked in the views
1216171130.jpg
1216171238.jpg
1216171245.jpg

That bottle cap is :cool:

3rd Gen got some window bling.

001.JPG

Last edited:
Chased and caught rattles. Replaced plastic trim on passenger d panel, removed random objects from quarter panel and replaced red clips on quarter panel interior trim. Ahhh. The sound of less rattles.

Also replaced missing driver fender apron.

Finally found time to start the disassembly of the fj60 knuckles that I bought, man are they dirty. Hoping to have them broken down enough so they can be cleaned and repainted.

Well, after 2 1/2 years on the shelf "OSO" has finally got the OME 850/860 lift and shocks I bought from jp_waltz.

Now I have to decide if I install 305's or 315's. Checked the date code on the 285's LTX M/S that are on her and they are from '05. Looks like timing was good with this one.

Well, Santa hit the desert early and "OSO" got a new set of shoes.
In the end we decided on the Falken in the 305.

Great tire choice @Traakon ! I had those on another 80, and other than being stupid heavy, they were great!

Great tire choice @Traakon ! I had those on another 80, and other than being stupid heavy, they were great!

So far I like them. Need to get another for the spare but I wanted to make sure they fit underneath before buying the 5th.

Now I am contimplating wheel spacers to widen the track a bit: make it a bit more stayble.:hmm:

Over the past week, I was able to get a few things done to the cruiser with the help of @Saddletramp and @medtro

Heater tees replaced, rebuilt the parking brake system that was completely seized up at each rear wheel, installed a Gobi Ladder, and drove to NorCal to get my Dissent Rear bumper installed.

IMG_20171221_141133.jpg

Last edited:
Over the past week, I was able to get a few things done to the cruiser with the help of @Saddletramp and @medtro

Heater tees replaced, rebuilt the parking brake system that was completely seized up at each rear wheel, installed a Gobi Ladder, and drove to NorCal to get my Dissent Rear bumper installed.

View attachment 1595956

Isn't it so fun putting 1600 miles on your truck just to get bumpers? :confused:

Isn't it so fun putting 1600 miles on your truck just to get bumpers? :confused:

Good times. Totally worth the drive. After watching Ben install the rear, I realized it would've taken me forever to get it mounted if I'd tried to do it myself.

Also cool to see Ben's shop and look at some of the things he's got in production. I really like his roof rack design.

Good times. Totally worth the drive. After watching Ben install the rear, I realized it would've taken me forever to get it mounted if I'd tried to do it myself.

Also cool to see Ben's shop and look at some of the things he's got in production. I really like his roof rack design.
I like his roof rack and would love to get that rear bumper to match my front and the roof rack at the same time..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom