Builds What did you do to your Land Cruiser/Toyota/Lexus 4X4 this week? (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Left Sam the wonder dog at home and took the wife camping and wheeling on the Hassayampa River.

Tested the ARB awning room, the room goes up super easy and fast. The take down was just as easy and stored in the original without any issue. All in all its nice and was wife approved but does not work with my set up do to the limited and difficult access to the Flip up windows and second row door access. So if anyone is interested in an ARB awning room used once let me know.

img_9436-1-jpg.1464592

View attachment 1464616
@Otter may have been interested in a room.

Visited the camp site for the June Casner Run, tested out putting my 3rd row back in and re-architecting half my truck and electrical to accommodate the neighbor boys. :p

@lcgeek congrats on the 200! with that many miles check the maintenance history for water pump, radiator, starter, and cam tower leaks.
just a couple of the known issues with the 200.
is it an Arizona vehicle? Rust on the KDSS valves has caused several yankee truck owners to lose their cool trying to clear away rust and break loose a small allen set screw

20170522_111728_zpsqzhmz8rq.jpg
Checking to see how the new suspension handles. I'm amazed how well the 200 does with 2 tires off the ground and no lockers. I went up that that too with minimal fuss. 80 doesn't spin a tire, but the 200 with 33s can go there too.
20170522_111618_zpsbqkkhla2.jpg

20170522_111827_zpsihn8hkkz.jpg

20170522_111848_zpsvzw1a2sb.jpg

@lcgeek congrats on the 200! with that many miles check the maintenance history for water pump, radiator, starter, and cam tower leaks.
just a couple of the known issues with the 200.
is it an Arizona vehicle? Rust on the KDSS valves has caused several yankee truck owners to lose their cool trying to clear away rust and break loose a small allen set screw

Thanks @TexAZ for the perspective. Might I mention that I also have some TX - AZ lineage :) Native Texan, transplanted to AZ 25+ years ago.

I am picking up detailed Toy service printout tomorrow. According a pal who pulled it, dealer serviced everything is was suppose to have when it was supposed to have it. He said "he really took care of it". But as we know, you just never know what it might need now. It was mainly an AZ rig, though spent a year in Idaho, my guess is criss crossed AZ to Idaho and this was his "highway" rig.
Still have not taken possession yet.

@blatant Mike, wish I had a more interesting story, but this one is just a case of me doing a usual late night internet perusal of all things land cruiser for sale, and I saw this 2008 just posted for sale locally at what seemed like a really good deal (remember I am cheap!). One thing led to another, and well - I might be joining the 200 clan :)

Sneak peak in service bay seeing if she is roadworthy enough to sell.

Last edited:
Left Sam the wonder dog at home and took the wife camping and wheeling on the Hassayampa River.

Tested the ARB awning room, the room goes up super easy and fast. The take down was just as easy and stored in the original without any issue. All in all its nice and was wife approved but does not work with my set up do to the limited and difficult access to the Flip up windows and second row door access. So if anyone is interested in an ARB awning room used once let me know.

img_9436-1-jpg.1464592

View attachment 1464616
Not sure if anyone staked claim to bring interested once you're done with it, but i am.

Thanks, we love it. It really is a pleasure to drive and bump around in and holds a fair amount of s hit. I use a tail rack a lot for a cooler and costco crate and it sits high enough that it rarely scrapes thru ditches. Perpetual thumbs up from other cruiser owners is always nice, recognizing the younger breed.

However, lots of credit duly falls to CBT, particularly good ol' @murf and Tom.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom