Builds What did you do to your Land Cruiser/Toyota/Lexus 4X4 this week? (18 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

What? You got assistance from someone who doesn't own any 200 series :eek:

I forgot to tell you I work for that dealer :)

:cheers:

I never said I was smart o_O

Over the last month I have made some changes to the inside of my 80.

First I dyna-matted the inside of the 80 which meant removing all the carpeting and seats, all door panels, and rear quarter panels. I took this opportunity to remove the second row heater assembly that takes up a large amount of space under the passenger seat and capped off the heater lines running to it. Also took the opportunity to clean up the carpet section before re-installing it.

sound1.jpg
sound2.jpg
sound3.jpg

sound5.jpg

While the panels were off I replaced the older model Pioneer speakers with the new “A” series speakers and upgraded my rear door speaker size from 5.25 to 6.5 so now I’m running four 6.5’s in the doors and the 4” in the dash. The rear doors required some slight metal trimming to clear the larger diameter speaker housing.

6.5 pioneer.jpg

Installed white LED bulbs in my dash – really updated the look of the instruments. Very bright at the top setting like in the picture, I run them at a lower setting ~

dash led.jpg

I had a Supercharger cut out switch that lets the SC spin but cuts out the boost and the meth injection pump. An option on very hot days for long slow 4wheeling climbs that should help with engine temps. In another month, I will have a chance to test it out.

sc switch.jpg

Lastly, I was gifted a steering wheel and some high quality custom leather from friend MTKrietz to update my worn leather sheel and shifter. I had a local retired leather craftsman remove the old leather and baseball stitch both my steering wheel and my shifter knob. before and after

dash1a.jpg

INT2.jpg

Updated ☺

Last edited:
While the panels were off I replaced the older model Pioneer speakers with the new “A” series speakers and upgraded my rear door speaker size from 5.25 to 6.5 so now I’m running four 6.5’s in the doors and the 4” in the dash. The rear doors required some slight metal trimming to clear the larger diameter speaker housing.

View attachment 1465384

Installed white LED bulbs in my dash – really updated the look of the instruments. Very bright at the top setting like in the picture, I run them at a lower setting ~

View attachment 1465385

I had a Supercharger cut out switch that lets the SC spin but cuts out the boost and the meth injection pump. An option on very hot days for long slow 4wheeling climbs that should help with engine temps. In another month, I will have a chance to test it out.

View attachment 1465386

Lastly, I was gifted a steering wheel and some high quality custom leather from friend MTKrietz to update my worn leather sheel and shifter. I had a local retired leather craftsman remove the old leather and baseball stitch both my steering wheel and my shifter knob. before and after
View attachment 1465387 View attachment 1465388

for some reason, cant flip the first pic(??)

Updated ☺

Whoah! You've been busy! Very nice.

View attachment 1465384

View attachment 1465385

View attachment 1465386

View attachment 1465394
View attachment 1465388

Updated ☺

Now the stereo goes to 11

Finished installing hardtop and rear ambi doors so showed her in our annual car show in Stoneridge at Prescott Valley on Saturday. And yes the first person that saw her did say "nice Jeep"; it got better after that!
Carshow3.jpg
Carshow2.jpg
Carshow1.jpg

View attachment 1465384

View attachment 1465385

View attachment 1465386

View attachment 1465394
View attachment 1465388

Updated ☺
Very nice. You've been busy. I'm interested in your cut out switch for the supercharger, is it controlling the bypass valve?

Looking good there Murf. I see the gloves for handling the Dynamat.
Yes, it can be sharp. Gloves and a baseball of all things to get the mat to press down into the many floor grooves and depressions

Very nice. You've been busy. I'm interested in your cut out switch for the supercharger, is it controlling the bypass valve?
Yes

Did you ask if they knew how to read? There is a TOYOTA emblem on all four sides.:meh:
Yes, good one John!! You would think people would notice such things;). Any chance you are camping out with the group for the Casner Mtn run in June? It would be cool to have a couple 40's there:). I am planning on bringing red and Darlene will bring her new 4Runner. Putting in new tie rod ends today or tomorrow-who knows how long the existing ones have been on her; piece of mind for me!

Yes, good one John!! You would think people would notice such things;). Any chance you are camping out with the group for the Casner Mtn run in June? It would be cool to have a couple 40's there:). I am planning on bringing red and Darlene will bring her new 4Runner. Putting in new tie rod ends today or tomorrow-who knows how long the existing ones have been on her; piece of mind for me!

Still not sure about camping on the June run. If I come and drive my 70 FJ40 it will be camping only. Only vehicle I have registered that doesn't have A/C. If I do Schnebly Hill it would be in the FJ62. Been close to twenty years since I drove down Schnebly Hill. My oldest had just got her license. Back then heat didn't bother me as much. I was driving my 68 and she was driving the FJ62.

@Living in the Past Yes John I am just taking the 40 for camping as well-no AC in my '78 either, ha ha! Should finish my tie rod ends today or tomorrow. Then have her aligned. Either way look forward to meeting you. Tom

@Cactuscrzr thanks! Been working on it since August of 2013, long road and she is not perfect but have kept her pretty original. Going to camp out for the Casner trail outing?

Installed Dobinsons shocks all around. Fox 2.0 listed for sale.

20170527_151902.jpg

20170527_171742.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom