What Did You Do To Your Diesel Today (WDYDTYDT) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

425FB511-B112-4689-8F22-78B50A3F7BF5.jpeg
image.jpg

@Rouleur I love these seats you have ….they look super comfortable, good luck

The seats are Recaro Orthoped so comfort not super racy .
These seats have fan ventilation and heat auto reclining and lumbar.
Real leather.
Fan with 80 series ball chiller works pretty nice.
This set is actually from Germany.
I prefer that you set a little bit lower so more in the truck feel rather than on top.
And you can adjust them back a lot further than stock.

These seats on Recaro are probably over $3000.00 EACH. My living room furniture was $3500 and that’s for a 3 person sofa, 2 person love seat and a 1 person oversized chair. My wife would FREAK OUT if I put $6000.00 for a set of seats in my Land Cruiser. I’d be sleeping in them in the recliner position

AND, no matter how stock my truck is…. I would put these seats in it in a heartbeat….

While I’m at it…. I spent almost 3 hours today doing a 30 minute job…. The 3 point seat belts were kind of deteriorated and jammed so if picked up a set on Amazon and installed them…since none of the hardware matched up, I had to install a large blind nut in the pillar and the tool I have makes it fairly easy to compressed the nut. Unfortunately at 70, I have about 30% of the strength I had at 50 …easy my foot!
IMG_9891.jpeg
IMG_9892.jpeg

These seats on Recaro are probably over $3000.00 EACH. My living room furniture was $3500 and that’s for a 3 person sofa, 2 person love seat and a 1 person oversized chair. My wife would FREAK OUT if I put $6000.00 for a set of seats in my Land Cruiser. I’d be sleeping in them in the recliner position

AND, no matter how stock my truck is…. I would put these seats in it in a heartbeat….
I hear you man! I have a Natuzzi sofa in the house already. LOL.
A friend in Germany refurbished these with new material for me I paid under 4K for the matching set .
My wife is cool/Chinese so she appreciates stuff that goes up in value .

Last edited:
That is a beautiful genny… you’ve got great taste…. good luck having to NOT need it. During Hurricane Sandy we lost power for 13 days. My 8500w generator was one of 5 truckload shipments at Lowe’s where people were in line to get one by day 2. We powered 2 refrigerators, Fios cable box, 65” tv , well water pump, furnace, 1/2 the house lights and wall outlets. Other than killing everything at night, it was flawless in operations…now 12 years later ( and we have always had power outages for the last 40 years ) it has been a lifesaver for those 6-12 hour failures. Added a transfer switch and it worked out perfectly. It beats running extension cords like a spider web. 12 years later I have cords wrapped, stored and I trip over them in the shop

Hey 4Hundo! Not needed.
We usually wait till the last minute and roll out of here with a tail wind!
Hate to say it, but you don’t want to leave with the sheep and be stuck in gridlock for fifteen hours because Jim Cantori and the weather channel have scared everybody to death.
37‘s aren’t gonna save you when you got a Cat 4 storm bearing down on you, and they’re not going to be optimal with 50 and 60 mph crosswinds coming across the road.
i’ve been through quite a few growing up; it’s fun until you hear that locomotive sound and the wind screaming for eight or ten hours non stop.
Last evacuation, I waited till the last minute and I was rolling 120 mph and I wasn’t in an 80. LOL!

That is a beautiful genny… you’ve got great taste…. good luck having to NOT need it. During Hurricane Sandy we lost power for 13 days. My 8500w generator was one of 5 truckload shipments at Lowe’s where people were in line to get one by day 2. We powered 2 refrigerators, Fios cable box, 65” tv , well water pump, furnace, 1/2 the house lights and wall outlets. Other than killing everything at night, it was flawless in operations…now 12 years later ( and we have always had power outages for the last 40 years ) it has been a lifesaver for those 6-12 hour failures. Added a transfer switch and it worked out perfectly. It beats running extension cords like a spider web. 12 years later I have cords wrapped, stored and I trip over them in the sho
That is a beautiful genny… you’ve got great taste…. good luck having to NOT need it. During Hurricane Sandy we lost power for 13 days. My 8500w generator was one of 5 truckload shipments at Lowe’s where people were in line to get one by day 2. We powered 2 refrigerators, Fios cable box, 65” tv , well water pump, furnace, 1/2 the house lights and wall outlets. Other than killing everything at night, it was flawless in operations…now 12 years later ( and we have always had power outages for the last 40 years ) it has been a lifesaver for those 6-12 hour failures. Added a transfer switch and it worked out perfectly. It beats running extension cords like a spider web. 12 years later I have cords wrapped, stored and I trip over them in the shop
Thank you sir!
The Yan was a splurge a couple years ago.
Definitely gives you lots of peace of mind.
Runs the master suite with a mini split and keeps refrigeration and hot shower.
It’s a blessing to at least have that and not lose your food.
I also have a transfer switch. Heavy cord is plugged in and ready for quick startup when you're rattled in the middle of the night.
If it gets really s***ty I can fish, and there’s plenty of deer around here!
It’s like a security blanket having the diesel equipment.

Apologies for going off-topic. Diesel power for extreme situations!

Last edited:
Either you are a stickler for clean or that generator just had the plastic taken off….. it is SPOTLESS! I love it

Either you are a stickler for clean or that generator just had the plastic taken off….. it is SPOTLESS! I love it
Well it is one of my prized possessions and I keep it like this..
I put casters on the crate it came on
And painted it. And its HAF!
I also always have about 50 gallons of drinking water.
Definitely try to be better prepared since the plandemic. 😬
image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited:
I do admire such skillful organization…something I have failed to maintain my entire life. My dad was like Felix Unger from the Odd Couple. My mom told me when they were married in the 1950’s they had used clothes pins to keep the pleats on the bed in perfect alignment and then…in order not to mess it up, slept on the couch !

NUTS !!

but to stay on topic…they never had a diesel

Loop me in when you get these installed! I’d love to hear about what you think about them.

I’ve decided that these are probably the seats for my 75 over scheelman due to the features and adjustability.

Occasionally (70% of the time) I’m a sweaty mofo (TMI) and want to know how effective you find the cooled seats.

Loop me in when you get these installed! I’d love to hear about what you think about them.

I’ve decided that these are probably the seats for my 75 over scheelman due to the features and adjustability.

Occasionally (70% of the time) I’m a sweaty mofo (TMI) and want to know how effective you find the cooled seats.
love the color of the Acura! Ive owned sheels not as comfortable as the Recaro's IMO. Man the heat here is real bad so I'm with you! love the ball chiller in the 80.
The fan definitely moves air.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom