What did you do on your 70 series today? (36 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Had to go to Lowe’s and get a 10mm replacement 🤣🙄
Untitled.png

be careful I have seen this guy around.... they it's not what it seems to be

I took my 70 for its first drive of the year, roads are dry and a bit dusty. I then washed and waxed it, it is all pretty now. 👍 😁

Removed my fender flares today. Almost every bolt broke due to the rust. Thankfully the body is not that bad. There was only one spot where I'll want to cut away and weld a patch in addition to all of the holes from the rivets.

IMG_20230317_162152142_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230317_155628993_HDR.jpg

its a secret

Nah, no secrete. If can you get your RC model truck an authentic miniature tag from the Georgia DMV then it's easy to scale down a front runner table and add some tiny lights to your toy car. Maybe the mods can move the posting to the "what did you do on your model 70 series today thread" ;)

The avatar is the tag on my RC model. 😊
Hello,

Nice table. The post, however, disappeared, at least for me.

I have to ask. Aside from your RC model, do you have a new truck on your stable?

Juan

Hello,

Nice table. The post, however, disappeared, at least for me.

I have to ask. Aside from your RC model, do you have a new truck on your stable?

Juan
P.M. sent

Slapped the seat back in this evening after putting the cover on the previous evening.

Fit and finish of the cover is excellent but I just wish it was more grey. It has a weird greenish tint to the material. The tactical stuff is a bit overboard but I may learn to make the most of the straps and Velcro over time.

View attachment 3261998

View attachment 3261999Looks great! Unfortunate about the greenish hue. Looks a bit more “military” over the escape gear covers.

Finally got around to installing my WARN M8274 winch. Waiting on a few more parts and it will be complete! Due to the offset of the winch I’ll have to make a few modifications to the bracket that holds the spotties.

View attachment 3276951
Did you run an offset fairlead?

Looks great! Unfortunate about the greenish hue. Looks a bit more “military” over the escape gear covers.

After some time of driving with the cover in place on the drivers seat, I can say they are worth the money. However if Escape Gear made scheel-man covers, I would be like take my money without any hesitation.

Hit the road for a work trip to Marin and spent the night midway in the Mojave. It was the first trip with the new buildout on the driver's side and man, what a difference. No more bags strapped down everywhere. Everything has a drawer or cubby that it gets tucked into. Even making coffee while I fill up at the gas station is a cinch with the 2000w inverter and electric kettle. It's taken three years to get the ol' 75 to where it is today but worth every penny...

Also, even with the 40g aux tank (280lbs, behind the axle) and the main tank full, I'm still getting 25mpg consistently with the R2.8.

CaliforniaSpring23-13.jpg

CaliforniaSpring23-12.jpg

CaliforniaSpring23-2.jpg

CaliforniaSpring23-5.jpg

CaliforniaSpring23-3.jpg

Hit the road for a work trip to Marin and spent the night midway in the Mojave. It was the first trip with the new buildout on the driver's side and man, what a difference. No more bags strapped down everywhere. Everything has a drawer or cubby that it gets tucked into. Even making coffee while I fill up at the gas station is a cinch with the 2000w inverter and electric kettle. It's taken three years to get the ol' 75 to where it is today but worth every penny...

Also, even with the 40g aux tank (280lbs, behind the axle) and the main tank full, I'm still getting 25mpg consistently with the R2.8.

View attachment 3278588
That's awesome fuel economy for such a heavy brick.

Curious what water tank you have behind your fridge and the volume/dimensions? I'm considering adding a 4" pvc pipe tank to the ceiling area above my fridge, ~4.5 gal at 80" long.

That's awesome fuel economy for such a heavy brick.

Curious what water tank you have behind your fridge and the volume/dimensions? I'm considering adding a 4" pvc pipe tank to the ceiling area above my fridge, ~4.5 gal at 80" long.

Sure thing! It's one of these blank tanks: 11 Gallon RV Fresh Water Tank | Ronco RVB319 - https://www.ntotank.com/11gallon-ronco-rv-water-tank-x2172003

So far we have had to refill every four days. I'd love to get a larger capacity tank under the car in the future.

The fuel economy is great! It's all gearing related. I am very very light on the skinny pedal. Slow take-offs, get up to 5th/2200RPM with a 3.7 diff gearing and 33" tires puts me at 70mph. I try to keep the RPMs in that range and have had a 25-30mpg range consistently. Where I get screwed is with headwinds...

I used to get 24 with 13BT. Mud terrains have eaten some of that.

I put a new grommet on the bonnet prop rod. Cleaned and greased battery terminals. Reinstalled original clock that had been tested by @Engineer8000. It dims by half sometimes for no reason. I bought a used backup online that I can swap in when the time comes.
IMG_3094[1].JPG

IMG_3099[1].JPG

IMG_3095[1].JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom