What did you do on your 70 series today? (42 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Picked up a new vdj76.

8DA1F9E4-AAEE-4206-81CC-465DFF9F94A3.jpeg

I soooo wish we could get those here. I'd buy one tomorrow. :crybaby:

Yeah but it has a pop-up sign that deploys if it touches a public road. It says "EPA Crush Here". :doh:

From last weekend. Used a carbon fiber tube and phone holder from 67 Designs.
(CF) Carbon Fiber Series Arms
Tapered a piece of wood and fit the hodge-podge into the plastic bin below the radio.
I'll ride around like this for a while and if I like it I'll replace the wood with some black delrin.

phone mount 003.JPG

phone mount 005.JPG

phone mount 006.JPG

phone mount 011.JPG

Wasted a bunch of time on 33 year old brake lines. I was a bit careless and the oil return line from the turbo rubbed against the long frame brake line. Oops. No brakes. Time to remove and build a new brake line. The OEM iterations are long gone. And that sucks. Toyota makes great brake lines.

jcEJplgeR0+8Tp9A5O0seg.jpg

ltjvnbH6QCamcty71KC8Pw.jpg

+rpelIV0SrWCqWhpmu3nNQ.jpg

These are the nice tabbed and rubber insulated brake line brackets:

fullsizeoutput_4f2f.jpeg

M10x1.0 fittings. Inverted/double flare.

fullsizeoutput_4f3e.jpeg

Great tool kit from Eastwood. Expensive but worth it if you considering doing brake lines and good fittings. The local auto store ones are generally crap.

fullsizeoutput_4f4b.jpeg

And the final products:

fullsizeoutput_4f48.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_4f45.jpeg

Went back together, ran along the RH frame (pain in the butt), bled system and good to go.

Proof that braided lines are not all that cool afterall.:)

One part about the 70 series brake lines that surprised me is the flexible rubber hose between the body and frame... versus coiled hard brake lines that most other vehicles use. When redoing my brake lines, I was tempted to convert over.

Great tool kit from Eastwood. Expensive but worth it if you considering doing brake lines and good fittings. The local auto store ones are generally crap.

View attachment 1667108

And the final products:

View attachment 1667109

View attachment 1667110

Went back together, ran along the RH frame (pain in the butt), bled system and good to go.

Agree 110%. I had one of those and used it in restorations. Excellent flare tool that will do just about any flare.

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom