What automatic / gas engine to use for BJ40 conversion? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello,

If you wanted to convert a Toyota Land Cruiser BJ40 into an automatic / gas engine -- what engine is most common? Is a Chevy V8 the best route? Any specific engine specs that make the conversion easier?

Keeping the Toyota DNA is not super important to us but we've also been told a 3FE/A440 from an FJ62 or possibly a 2UZ/V8 from a 100 series Land Cruiser are other good options.

Thanks!

Don’t swap in a 3FE with the automatic.

Go LS.

agree 3fe and auto is not worth it. that being said i’ll give you one for the cost of shipping just to get it out of my shop!! 🤣

LS is sweet. 350 pretty common swap but if you’re putting the effort into it do it once and go for fuel injection

what’s your budget and what’s your use going to be? that’ll also help narrow your options. the newer cummins diesel seems very popular for 40 swaps are simple and with the right accessories will start fine in the winter (ie webasto or espar).
where in canada are you?

Last edited:
agree 3fe and auto is not worth it. that being said i’ll give you one for the cost of shipping just to get it out of my shop!! 🤣

LS is sweet. 350 pretty common swap but if you’re putting the effort into it do it once and go for fuel injection

what’s your budget and what’s your use going to be? that’ll also help narrow your options. the newer cummins diesel seems very popular for 40 swaps are simple and with the right accessories will start fine in the winter (ie webasto or espar).
where in canada are you?

My solid 3Fe has been sitting outside for months because I can't Give it away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom