What are you working on? (8 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm taking the spring pins out. That way they won't break again. I'm using wood dowels instead.
Yes, red = fast, which doesn't bode well for brakes... but it's the only paint I had available.

Frame issue. I plan on using box steel to rebuild the back

1411436660453.jpg

Yeah, that doesn't look too bad. Trim out the rust. Add some new plate and box it in where you can.

It's not going yet. The real-estate gods (and the epa) keep frowning on me. Got rid of the land I bought this summer due to wetland issues. The issue was I wanted to build on the only dry spot and they said I'd need to create a wetland to offset the footprint. Problem was the remaining property was already considered a wetland. Now I have a building bought with no place to put it and the fees keep piling up. Anyone want to buy a 60x80 steel building? lol

Started tearing into my hard top this week. Want to get the top and doors on the truck for fall. Not sure yet if I am going to paint them up nice, or just spray bomb them. Funding for a nice paint job is low!

Hoping to have the sides and misc parts to sand blaster on Monday. I have it mostly apart. Rear header channel needs some help - pretty rusty.

photo 4.JPG

Andy- I have a decent header piece for ambulance doors. yours if you can use it. I also have an upper tailgate and a pair of hinges for it. let me know. gary

Bill- hope you're carrying a few spare spring pins in the 40 these days..............Gary
Just a long wooden dowel rod. I can make 8 or 9 spring pins with it. I just keep the u-bolts really loose so as not to put too much stress on it.

Andy- I have a decent header piece for ambulance doors. yours if you can use it. I also have an upper tailgate and a pair of hinges for it. let me know. gary

Thanks Gary.

Looking at mine, it looks like a lot of work to convert. I will probably try to find the correct one.

Also found a TON of bondo in one of my sides - was 1/4" thick at places! Not sure how I am going to proceed. May just keep the rain gutters and the good side and call it good until I stumble across more parts someday.

Got the hood back from my painter yesterday, took a few shots of it just sitting on the front end. Think this color is gonna stand ut? the top will be the same bright white as the headlight surround. neither the orange or white is a factory color. Front bumper will be pewter it's done will have my painter fill and smooth and paint it. he took my hardtop sides, windshield frame and fiberglass top yesterday, when he's finished with those I'm gonna get the tub over to him. His body work and paint are awesome this thing shines! I'm psyched! Gary
photo 1.JPG
photo 2.JPG

45 and Oneill 40 2 Nov 24 2014.jpg
45 and Oneill 40 2 Nov 24 2014.jpg
45 and Oneill 40 Nov 24 2014.jpg
Making some more progress, painter is now working on the top. All orange body panels are done and painted. When the top is done I'll drop off the tub. Had a local shop cut a new windshield glass for it and installed that yesterday. She's looking good! Working on maybe putting in an H55 and split case should know if the deal is done tonight.

Also been working on a BJ45 I picked up last month. hadn't run for awhile, it wouldn't turn over fast enough to start and the EDIC (fuel controller) wasn't functional. Got her running she's a pretty neat truck. Right hand drive, H41 four speed. Need to find a turn signal switch for it, haven't had any luck finding one yet. The other truck in the photos belongs to a friend from Philadelphia I'm doing some work on it. Gary

Well, plans for the orange 40 are to keep it as a street only cruiser. i intend to put it together with the top and doors in place and not take them off. By the way the doors are all done, painted and assembled ready to bolt on. Spent some time today assembling the windshield frame. had a local glass outfit cut me a new glass, and re-used the original gasket that was still amazingly flexible and intact. Ran a tap through all threaded holes and installed the linkage, motor, and cover. need to figure how to attach the defroster plastic diffusers- they need painted and originally attached with some funky push pins. Stay tuned on how that works out.

yes, made a deal for the H55 with split transfer and parking brake. I actually wheeled with Jason in October at the fall gathering in New Hampshire. Small world. from driving my silver 60 with a 5 speed I can say that the fifth egar makes a big difference on the highway. The 40 runs 4.10 gers and 33" tires so it shouldn't be revving too high at 55MPH with the 5 speed. Andy, you're sure to like it.
Front 40 dec 3.jpg.JPG
Outside WS frame 2.jpg.JPG
Inside WS frame 2.jpg.JPG

Spent some time on the 45 today too cleaning up some more wiring issues and installing a second horn to replce one with a broken terminal. Took it out on the highway today and it actually runs down the road pretty well. Rides rough, to be expected I guess. It's a great candidate for power steering i can tell you that. Check out the pictures from today!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom