What are you working on? (7 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

painting wheels.
some for the 40, some for the 60.

sept13.jpg

13wagon.jpg

I'm in the process of collecting all the stuff to fix the rear frame and spring over my 60. Then to put power steering in the goat pig

Over the last 2 weeks, I've replaced my alternator, fusible link, radiator and main hoses. Next up is sunroof switch, antenae motor, gas tank and hopefully weld up brackets for my sliders.

Figured I'd help keep this thread going... Over the past month I've been rebuilding knuckles, 60 ps with sag pump, Antiwrap bar, and added some 36 13.50 iroks. Need to finish up the ps and build some sliders. Hoping to do a November shake down run at Rausch before it gets too cold. If any fellow cruiser guys would like to do some wheeling let me know. Also hope to make some more of the cruiser related events next year. -Dan

image-2846025738.jpg

image-2846025738.jpg

I'm working in this 93' project hilux: rock assault front housing 5:29 longs rear 14bolt ff RE 5 speed 39.5 iroks. I have a fresh from the machine shop 22RET to install and 2.28 geared doubler as well. I need a cage and some more stripes and I'm good to go : )

image-1592347184.jpg

Last night on the way from pa the jersey I lost brakes(rusted line) due to the time and not wanting to pay for a tow I drove it the rest of the way. It was about 30 miles but no problem. I'm getting a new line and putting it on today.

My bud told me it looks like an athletic cleat, so I gave it the 3 stripes : ) my kids like it too.

Doubler and 22RE long block should be installed by next weekend, I'll report back with an update.

that does seem to sound expensive.

Yeah.... I'm afraid it might be the end of this truck. It's definitely in the top end but I will investigate further Friday morning

Making progress on my 60-series knuckle swap.

Have the parts de-rusted and ready for paint, got the starter bushings installed in the steering arms.

Hubs.jpg

Bushings 2.jpg

Bushings.jpg

Winter driving

Took the 40 outside for some exercise yesterday, temps were finally above freezing. Mounted a nice inside rear view mirror that came from an SR5 4Runner. the old windshield mounted mirror rattles when the hardtop was off- this one mounts to a plate attached to my rollcage and is solid as a rock. Dual map lights, too!!!!

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

Beautiful FJ40 Gary.

I have been less than motivated to work on the Toyota's with the cold weather. Picked up an extra set of steering arms from Gary to build a mid-steer setup for the FJ60 axle going in the 4Runner. Standard hysteer is going to be to tall and severely limit my uptravel. Downside is that I have to modify the Ruffstuff diff cover to clear the tie rod.

During the axle redo, I will be installing an Aussie locker I also picked up from Gary, along with a set of Longfields and chromo hub gears in a set of IFS hubs once I locate a spare set.

The FJ40 just needs the fluids put in and it will be ready.

Just need to find the motivation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom