What am I doing wrong? 4.1 mpgs! (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Woohoo, gears!%#

Outside of trips, most of my driving is town. It may be that ECT has more MPG impact around town than on the freeway?

My experience has been out on the hwy cruising the ECT has little MPG effect, but driving short trips around town my average dropped 2+ mpg, and then went back up 2+ mpg when I turned it off.

I do like the shifting with the ECT on.

I'm running 34's. My gears and lockers are still on my bench waiting for me to assemble them.. hopefully get them in soon.
I did get my squeaky BP51 shock noise fixed today.

Woohoo, gears!%#

Outside of trips, most of my driving is town. It may be that ECT has more MPG impact around town than on the freeway?
Yeah. Hoping it'll be done today. Stupid backorder parts!

That's probably true since it's just changing the shift points, so if you're sitting in your top gear all the time it's irrelevant.

I didn't notice a difference around town when I was stock, but my mileage is so abysmal in the city that I'm not sure I'd notice. Plus I'm a bit heavy footed so if the truck was in ECO mode I'm just giving it more skinny pedal to make up for the early shift points. So yeah ECO/PWR may have a much larger impact for some folks depending on their driving style.

Tire pressure was a big factor for me when I towed, I was way underinflated. Get out of D and try 2 gears down. ECT on as well. All of this helped me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom