Wet streets = road noise from way back (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
is there some rubber that needs to be replaced? Every time it rains, the sound you hear while driving makes you think the rear hatch was left open.

I know im not alone in this but is there something i can replace to fix it?

Not trying to be a dick here - but could it be just noise from water hitting the rear, underside of truck? I have noticed on both my cruisers that the tires fling water into the rear wheel wells/underside of truck and noise is noticeable.

Not trying to be a dick here - but could it be just noise from water hitting the rear, underside of truck? I have noticed on both my cruisers that the tires fling water into the rear wheel wells/underside of truck and noise is noticeable.
I'm fairly certain that you are correct with this comment, I hear the same thing on mine.

I'd visually inspect the weather stripping on the rear tailgate and hatch. There are 3 different strips if I recall correctly. If any of those are cracked or deformed you would be letting in additional road noise. The rear swing out windows also have some stripping that can cause to leaks and additional noise.

If traveling at high speeds in the rain the rear wheels will kick up water into the plastic wheel well liner and make a loud noise similar to what you are describing. I experience it too if I am going fast enough. That's a big reason why most people who add Dynamat, or other sound-dampening material, are generous when applying it to the rear wheel wells.

Not trying to be a dick here - but could it be just noise from water hitting the rear, underside of truck?.

No worries but of course its noise from water hitting the car. I said wet roads and cant imagine anything else unless you're thinking i was driving through a carwash and got confused. Or maybe in your stompin grounds wet roads means firemen on the streets with whale wars spray nozzles hittin the rear hatch when you roll by but YES noise from water hitting the undercarriage of the lc!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom