Welcome (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hmmm, I've been in Boise since mid 2013 never knew there was local group. Like Jim i'm usually only lurking on the "IPPS" pages. Will be keeping an eye out for this group now.

I always forget too. I'm so busy though I rarely have time to even check Mud anymore. We should all get together with Cruisers in a park some evening for a BBQ and to check out the rigs.

Sounds good ... Maybe some folks can post/share some local cruiser trails/routes for day trips in the local area

I won't probably be getting out locally until July 1. I'm headed to Rubithon and I'm not ready yet. Hopefully in the next two weeks I can get all of my projects done. But after that I'm game for getting out.

Not a Land Cruiser, but cool! Does it belong to anyone here?
Looks like the pics were taken on Bogus Basin Rd., it's got Teton County plates though.

1992 Toyota Hiace Diesel 4x4 Double Cab Doka Truck Van

upload_2018-6-4_5-41-40.png

Not a Land Cruiser, but cool! Does it belong to anyone here?
Looks like the pics were taken on Bogus Basin Rd., it's got Teton County plates though.

1992 Toyota Hiace Diesel 4x4 Double Cab Doka Truck Van

View attachment 1715728

If it was Left Hand Drive I'd figure out a way to get it. It would be an awesome mountain bike race rig and camping rig. I cannot stand RHD vehicles in a LHD country. Imagine trying to pass going to McCall. The one issue with this one would be is you'd probably be the person getting passed all the time. With a 2L it would be pretty gutless. You'd have to add a turbo and high nickel content head to it to make it reasonable. And I'm not sure the seats were really designed for longer road trips. But there is part of me that is in love with it. I think it is the red paint.

I don’t know anything about the 2L engine. Unless they’re broke down on the side of the road, I can’t pass anyone going up 55 in any of my LandCruisers.

I know this would be a sweet around-town/around the ranch (if I had a ranch) vehicle. Wouldn’t want to road-trip in it (maybe) It looks like it might have AC which my 75 doesn’t have.

I don’t know anything about the 2L engine. Unless they’re broke down on the side of the road, I can’t pass anyone going up 55 in any of my LandCruisers.

I know this would be a sweet around-town/around the ranch (if I had a ranch) vehicle. Wouldn’t want to road-trip in it (maybe) It looks like it might have AC which my 75 doesn’t have.

The 2L is a non turbo 4 cylinder. I’m not sure which version it is but the highest they made was 87hp. Creig had a 2LT (turbo version) in his hilux and it was slow. Slower than his bj60.

I avoid going up 55 if at all possible just for that very reason.

Guess I'll chime in here. Been in the area since '91, had a '78 40 since about then as well..a Hilux before that. Have since added an 04' Taco and an 05' Highlander...we're fond of yotas in my house :) My 40 is a long way from stock, so purists look away or hold your peace!. The "rig" as it is known in my household has been under re-construction for several years, mostly rusted out panels and such. Finally re-painted last spring and took it to Moab for playtime. Felt real good, but super hot and not spouse friendly in that regard, so off line it went and is still as I work through installing AC...the spouse and me, we're getting soft and enjoy creature comforts much more than we should!!
The Taco is a capable play thing and daily driver whilst the AC install rolls forward on the 40. Many of your names are familiar to me from the NW Cruiser days..(R.I.P.) Maybe we'll get together sometime for some exploring! (Just no owyhee mud please!!! Still chipping that stuff out of my frame from a trip in 1996!! )

FinsSnap1-me.jpg

Dang, I've been working too much! Actually have had a chance to get out and USE my rig for it's intended purpose the last few weekends, pics related. Exploring the Lucky Peak>Anderson route and trying to find a way from Featherville to Dollarhide without much luck yet (but I do have some ideas).

Had to properly document stuck situation for posterity:

IMG_0851.JPG

IMG_0852.jpg

For about the first hour and a half, I was cursing myself for NOT packing the dang army surplus shovel I had just picked up a week or two before...

IMG_0853.JPG

AND THEN I decided to dig a little deeper into the tool box...

IMG_0858.JPG

Guess I've been living in the city a little too long. Forgot how snow works.

Would definitely like to meet up again, and can offer our shop once more for the purpose of doing so (don't see anything else planned??). There is a little more fun stuff to look at this go.

Let me know when would be good. I've been trying really hard to stay out of town on the weekends, so some evening after work would be best, with Tuesdays being the worst.

I like your snow shoes...I prefer Chacos when I'm digging in the snow...

I'm free Mondays and Thurs. usually.

I like your snow shoes...I prefer Chacos when I'm digging in the snow...

I'm free Mondays and Thurs. usually.

Thursday’s are way better at the shop. Monday’s suck all around.

475.jpeg

There's still snow getting to the lakes at Boulder city.

Made it to the mine it's clear all the way, turned around just below the North facing switch backs going up to the lake.

Hey Rich, nice to hear from you, not from '96, but this was an epic Black Mountain run from '01, I lost a turn signal on this one. We need to do it again...

Dan
Yeah, I was on that one too...it just added more compaction to the aforementioned mud in my frame!! :steer:..
Would be fun to do another run late summerish before the fall rain/snow..

Name is Greg, I’m an owner of a 1992 FJ80 Land Cruiser. Idaho has always been my home state but I have traveled around the world over the years. All terrain 4x4’s and the great state of Idaho is just made for adventure and discovery.

I first got formally introduced to Land Cruisers back in the early 90’s in SE Asia on a military deployment in a desert environment. Completely sold on the idea to own one from that point forward. I’ve had other off road rigs but Toyota definitely hit the mark with dependable quality and performance.

Hey Ya'll. I recently moved to Boise about 7 months ago from AZ. My daily is an 01 100 LX and my weekend cruiser is a 71 FJ40. Would definitely be open to weekend trail runs and matching Tattoos.

IMG_0654.JPG

IMG_1313.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom