Welcome to the 200 Series Forums: Start Here and Read First (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Well I got bored of my Tundra, I love that thing but I originally wanted a 200, so I sold it and just placed a deposit in this thing. I'm flying to pick it up next week.

'13, 97k miles, CPO'ed, one owner, full service history, $39k.
That sounds like a fantastic deal! Where did you find the 200?

Autotrader, of all places. I was watching Cars.com, cargurus.com, and ebay. This one was listed only on autotrader.

Autotrader is where I found not only my perfect 2008 200 two years ago, but also where I found my perfect 1999 100 14 years ago. AutoTrader is a great way to find Cruisers.

Autotrader is where I found not only my perfect 2008 200 two years ago, but also where I found my perfect 1999 100 14 years ago. AutoTrader is a great way to find Cruisers.

Who knew Autotrader was still relevant? I remember buying the Autotrader books/papers back in the 90s, dreaming about what car I wanted to buy. I figured they were overshadowed by the bigger websites, I just happen to search on there and saw this '13 and immediately called on it. Pretty stoked on the deal.

Who knew Autotrader was still relevant? I remember buying the Autotrader books/papers back in the 90s, dreaming about what car I wanted to buy. I figured they were overshadowed by the bigger websites, I just happen to search on there and saw this '13 and immediately called on it. Pretty stoked on the deal.

Hey - Glad to see you finally cross over!

Hello. Long time lurker. I've been reading the forum for years and gotten lots of valuable advice. I never had much to share or contribute so I just stayed silent and read.

I have a couple of rigs. A 2000 that's just about to turn 190k miles and owned since March of 2003. And 2008 with about 126k miles that I bought in 2010. Used to have a 2005 Thunder Cloud (my favorite color in a 100 series) and the wife had a 99 LX470 and a 2003 Land Cruiser. Always wanted a nice 80 series - never worked out though.

Unfortunately my rigs very rarely saw any off-road. Hope to remedy that this year.

Here's a shot of the current rigs. Thanks to a great forum for all the excellent info.

200%2520and%2520100%2520lc1.png

I have the Slee sliders and ARB skid plates in the garage for the 200. The ARB rear bumper is at the shop and we're just waiting on the right side wheel carrier to get here. Hopefully only a couple more weeks. After that I'm broke and will have to wait awhile before putting anything else on her.
200%2520lc1.png

Cheers!
FatHero

OK sorry about the red-x's. Forgot about the not using photoshop, etc. Here's the pics.

Now I gotta go back and read the instructions on how to edit.

Ya' see why I don't wrench on my rigs just pay 4Wheel parts do it for me?

View attachment 1412025
View attachment 1412026
Fantastic look!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have a 200 with the exact same TRD wheels that you have. I want a snorkel, but I am unsure. Now that you have a snorkel, what do you think about it?

Thanks Calvous.

Just had the snorkel on about a week. No opportunity yet to put it to the test as far as keeping the dust out or water crossing. Seems like I remember a couple of the guys in the 100 section talking about some adverse effects at highway speed causing them to turn that intake piece on top to face rearward. So far no issues for me and I've been up to about 80 mph or so with it.

In the week that I've had it - I've been asked how often I cross deep water about 5 times, with a couple of those from complete strangers at a coffee shop or gas station. No hot babes or anything though :frown:

Just brought home a 17 LC. Been working my way up to the LC for 30 years since I lost my 77 LC to an accident. Went through 4runners, until I was able to get this one. Very Happy.

Welcome back to the fam...

Thank you all for the welcome and the likes. Great site, great people. Going to look for a 70s LC and rekindle the dream.

Joining the thread after getting my 1st 200 today....my son is taking my 100 and selling his Jeep after finally seeing the light!! I've owned 4 80 series and 5 100 series over the years, so I'm def a lifer....

I picked up a blk 2010 and ordered the Icon series II today....will powder coat the stock wheels blk and figure out tire size this weekend....will post some before/after pics when finished. Thanks for the great thread!!

Here's the pics of my "completed" 200 along with the 100 I gave my sons and the Jeep I sold (was my sons).....Icon series II, ARD Rear Springs, 295/70/18 grapplers with powder coated OEM's, black lugs....really love the 200!!

IMG_8367.JPG

IMG_8384.JPG

IMG_8386.JPG

IMG_8430.PNG

IMG_8433.JPG

Hey y'all! I'm sorry this isn't my first post, should've minded the moderators and came here first...but, oooh well here I am now;)

I've been lurking for a bit, here and on some other sites, too. I've had the LC bug buried in there chewing on me for years. Pretty much since they were still square! I think the fact that they are rarely seen on a dealer's lot, and people who have them don't usually part with them often or easily, are the main reason I have taken so long to come around. I have been in pickups most of my life, with a few sports cars and muscle cars thrown in here and there. But absolutely every Land Cruiser I have ever seen has, probably subconsciously, drawn my attention. Even the Lexus's I reckon. Like I saw on another fella's post, I guess I have been building my time and savings up by driving pickups all these years. Mainly a wonderful Toyota...

My 2001 Tundra that I bought new in 2000 was starting to show its age a little. Low miles, 125k, but high use. Heavy towing duty, lot of DIY construction materials and debris, some off road adventure, salt water at the boat ramps, lots of stop and go in town (my job is usually underground, downtown, so I'm not fortunate enough to live and work in a relaxed suburban or rural area). So the brakes were shot, the front suspension was worn out and the u-joint's needed replacing, etc., etc. But, the Tundra being a Toyota, of course, none of that was making it unreliable or undesirable. I was seriously looking into new parts, lifts, off road upgrades, wheels, tires and other such things. I had told everyone that I would never get rid of it! And I had people ask about buying it regularly. But I knew what I had, so no way man! Meanwhile, I was window shopping without realizing it. When I mentioned to my wife that I had the fever, and was considering a new Land Cruiser, she said "I know, you've been pointing out every one you see for as long as I've known you"! So it was no surprise to her. She said that I deserved it since I had waited for so long.

With that, I was off and running! So in early March this year, I started looking for a blue one, since that's always been my favorite color, and discovered very quickly how few there are. There was only one in the entire southeast at the time, but it happened to be nearby in the north Atlanta suburbs. After a little test drive and a little negotiation, it was mine!

All I can say at this point is how absolutely thrilled I am with this Cruiser!! It's everything I have wanted in a vehicle and more. I am very happy, guys! I am looking forward to years of wheeling with you guys, and hope to meet some of you soon at one of the next events.

IMG_20170311_175252937_HDR.jpg

Hey y'all! I'm sorry this isn't my first post, should've minded the moderators and came here first...but, oooh well here I am now;)

I've been lurking for a bit, here and on some other sites, too. I've had the LC bug buried in there chewing on me for years. Pretty much since they were still square! I think the fact that they are rarely seen on a dealer's lot, and people who have them don't usually part with them often or easily, are the main reason I have taken so long to come around. I have been in pickups most of my life, with a few sports cars and muscle cars thrown in here and there. But absolutely every Land Cruiser I have ever seen has, probably subconsciously, drawn my attention. Even the Lexus's I reckon. Like I saw on another fella's post, I guess I have been building my time and savings up by driving pickups all these years. Mainly a wonderful Toyota...

My 2001 Tundra that I bought new in 2000 was starting to show its age a little. Low miles, 125k, but high use. Heavy towing duty, lot of DIY construction materials and debris, some off road adventure, salt water at the boat ramps, lots of stop and go in town (my job is usually underground, downtown, so I'm not fortunate enough to live and work in a relaxed suburban or rural area). So the brakes were shot, the front suspension was worn out and the u-joint's needed replacing, etc., etc. But, the Tundra being a Toyota, of course, none of that was making it unreliable or undesirable. I was seriously looking into new parts, lifts, off road upgrades, wheels, tires and other such things. I had told everyone that I would never get rid of it! And I had people ask about buying it regularly. But I knew what I had, so no way man! Meanwhile, I was window shopping without realizing it. When I mentioned to my wife that I had the fever, and was considering a new Land Cruiser, she said "I know, you've been pointing out every one you see for as long as I've known you"! So it was no surprise to her. She said that I deserved it since I had waited for so long.

With that, I was off and running! So in early March this year, I started looking for a blue one, since that's always been my favorite color, and discovered very quickly how few there are. There was only one in the entire southeast at the time, but it happened to be nearby in the north Atlanta suburbs. After a little test drive and a little negotiation, it was mine!

All I can say at this point is how absolutely thrilled I am with this Cruiser!! It's everything I have wanted in a vehicle and more. I am very happy, guys! I am looking forward to years of wheeling with you guys, and hope to meet some of you soon at one of the next events.

View attachment 1455287

Welcome home! You know you belong here... :hillbilly:

Went different direction than intended on grill and emblems....took to a bed line company and he pulled/sprayed/painted/installed for $50.....gave him $75 as I felt guilty....I really like how they finished out and saved some also....

IMG_8582.JPG

IMG_8585.JPG

IMG_8586.JPG

IMG_8588.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom