Welcome to the 200 Series Forums: Start Here and Read First (7 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Last edited:
Lurker here... but plan to be a 200 owner.

Had Toyotas for years, 4Runners for a couple of decades then switched to a 2000 LX470 a few months back. Bought that to support building a mild overland vehicle for an extended road trip the wife and I are planning after retirement (in about a 15 months).

Fast forward a bit and she is not so trusting of a now aging 100 series with 220K+ miles. She has given me the green light to pick up a new or slightly used 200 middle/end of next year. I see parts from some good vendors (Slee, ARB), hope the market continues to grow.

Edit: Searched again and found my answer - question about rear seat monitors deleted.

Last edited:
Lurker here... but plan to be a 200 owner.

Had Toyotas for years, 4Runners for a couple of decades then switched to a 2000 LX470 a few months back. Bought that to support building a mild overland vehicle for an extended road trip the wife and I are planning after retirement (in about a 15 months).

Fast forward a bit and she is not so trusting of a now aging 100 series with 220K+ miles. She has given me the green light to pick up a new or slightly used 200 middle/end of next year. I see parts from some good vendors (Slee, ARB), hope the market continues to grow.

Edit: Searched again and found my answer - question about rear seat monitors deleted.

Welcome to a great group. Soooo many helpful, friendly folk here. See you around...

-Markuson

Congrats on the rig and child.

So far I've done clear bra on front end with a vision of 285/65/18 on powder coated OEM wheels with standard OME suspension.

Hi all, just rejoined after many years absent. Here's my VDJ200, 2010 60th Anniversary model, Icon stage 4, F&R E-lockers, 4.3 diffs (std 3.909), 295/70r18 Trail Grapplers, Armax snorkel, 3 into 3 1/2" zorst, Unichip Q4 + D4D drivers (295kW-1040Nm), ARB bar & Warn winch. Just starting ;)
2016-08-06%2017.42.22_zpswv12oz9o.jpg

Hi all, just rejoined after many years absent. Here's my VDJ200, 2010 60th Anniversary model, Icon stage 4, F&R E-lockers, 4.3 diffs (std 3.909), 295/70r18 Trail Grapplers, Armax snorkel, 3 into 3 1/2" zorst, Unichip Q4 + D4D drivers (295kW-1040Nm), ARB bar & Warn winch. Just starting ;)
2016-08-06%2017.42.22_zpswv12oz9o.jpg

Beautiful rig! Welcome back!! :) -Greatest bunch of forum folks on the internet! I learn new things here constantly. :)

-Markuson

Last edited:
New here from sc. Purchased a 2014 last year for my daughters graduation gift . The wife fell in love with Lexus so I sold the 07 Tahoe and flew to Chicago and picked up,a 2011 lx570 with 48k miles .

New here from sc. Purchased a 2014 last year for my daughters graduation gift . The wife fell in love with Lexus so I sold the 07 Tahoe and flew to Chicago and picked up,a 2011 lx570 with 48k miles .

Welcome. :)

Best forum ever. I learn something new almost every day.

Last edited:
Hello!

Bought a Cruiser GX-R V6 a year ago from Saudis. 67.000 km ODO, barely used but touched with Saudi hand... :D - lots of chinese and weird stuff inside. I`ve been removing it since then. Also a big fan of this forum :)

It would be interesting to see some of this "weird stuff." ;)

X2. We like weird stuff, and we like pics. So post up pics of the weird stuff.

She is finally home!!! Hello everyone, my name is JP and it's a pleasure to be a part of a great forum. My journey started with looking for a 99-02 4Runner, something with low miles and a solid foundation to start my build. After lurking and searching on other forums, and some assistance from a friend who is a 100 series owner, I started looking at land cruisers. I really didn't know much about the vehicles, other than they were very expensive new and was mainly unaware of their capabilities. Once I found this forum and some of the builds on here I fell in love with the LC. I also have three boys and wanted something with enough room to grow as they do. After searching 6+ months, I finally found a local rig for sale here in Houston. When I arrived at the dealership, it was tucked away in the back and hadn't even been prepped yet or ready for sale. Once I looked it over, I knew it was the perfect vehicle. 1 owner, 105k miles, all maintenance done at a local dealer close to my home so I knew it was a winner. Thanks to the forum for all the tips on what to look for when purchasing a used LC!!! I was able to get them down to 29K + TTL of course, so I'm not sure how good of a deal it was. All I know it was perfect for me. I've already tinted the front windows and ordered interior LED's and a neocaraudio BT adapter. I'm going to enjoy it stock for while and figure out what mods I need for what I want to use it for. I look forward to meeting anyone from the forum and hope to learn a lot in the next few years as the build progresses.

upload_2016-12-1_11-34-54.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom