Welcome to the 200 Series Forums: Start Here and Read First (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Welcome! Hope you like your 2015 as much as I do!

I'm glad to see mud has a 200 Series forum, my avatar is my 1982 Land Cruiser FJ 40, I guess need to post a picture of our latest addition, a 2015 200 Series we picked up new in January.
Strategically place the 40 somewhere in the photo as well, so we can drool over that as well ;)

Been a member for many years with building 40's & custom gear, barwork, cages & buggies but this is my first 200.
To say I'm happy & excited is an understatement but the only downfall is I work away for a month at a time & this will be my wife's daily & our family tourer & tow rig for comp buggies

TTD VX 200
Feb 15 build
Crystal Pearl
Limo Privacy tint
Full tow package with hidden redarc brake controller
Dual matts (carpet & rubber)

Upgrades in the not to distant future are :
Ironman Foam Cell Pro lift
Slee UCA's
Slee KDSS Relocation brackets
Beaudesert stainless twin 2.75" into single 3.5" exhaust
Method double standards (18")
295/70R18 Nitto Grapplers
My own barwork, sliders, belly plate, maybe modified TJM front bar

Brooksy

Last edited:
Hey Man!

Congrats. Can't wait to see the mods begin; especially the homebrewed stuff.

Hello guys, I'm new here got my 200 year ago,just love the road trip with family.
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1441242539.483222.jpg

This is how it looks like.

Gang,

I'm a long-time lurker who just pulled the trigger on my first LC, a '09 Magnetic Gray Metallic Cruiser. To say I've wanted one for years is an understatement. I'll be spending the weekend with my nose in the owner's manual. So stoked to officially be part of the community and I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone!

2009 Land Cruiser.jpg

Gang,

I'm a long-time lurker who just pulled the trigger on my first LC, a '09 Magnetic Gray Metallic Cruiser. To say I've wanted one for years is an understatement. I'll be spending the weekend with my nose in the owner's manual. So stoked to officially be part of the community and I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone!

View attachment 1140981
welcome to the sickness:grinpimp: Hit me up if ya got any questions etc!!! Congrats!!!:beer:

Hello All:

I'm one of your new moderators here in the 200 section of IH8MUD.com which is, ostensibly, the world largest and most important internet-based repository of LC knowledge and community.

I am a devoted Cruiser Head and own a number of running and non-running Cruisers.

My main goal in the 200 series section is difficult to declare in any manner that might not come across as being overly "cautious". I say this due to the contentious nature of discussion--historically--between those whom own 200 series Cruisers (in all of their variations) and those who do not and maybe are here to get information, to see what the 200 series is all about, or other non-technical pursuits. There has been, as we all well know, significant amounts of mis-information and dis-information that has been posted here and represented as "bona fide technical information" about these vehicles that have become evident and apparent as being not only false but, using internet terminology, "troll-like behaviour."

This forum will continue to be an important area of technical information and knowledge. I want this section to be an informative area where those whom own the 200 can share tech tips, issues, modifications, upgrades, etc., without feeling like someone will come in and bash their vehicle and it's value to that individual. This location will also serve as an important location for those folks looking at the 200 series to add to their collection of Land Cruisers (perhaps) or if they are a first-time purchaser of a Toyota Land Cruiser, for this location to reflect the important heritage and history of this iconic vehicle.

I am quite serious about this as I want to make this sub section just as important as the other subsections here on MUD that are at the tops of internet web searching hits and rankings. I want people to come to MUD to discuss, research, and share their information and love of the 200 series variant of the Toyota Land Cruiser.

With that all being said, I hope that this location will suit many of the needs of 200 series owners and potential owners in the future; I hope this location will provide valuable information through experience and knowledge; I hope this location will be a place to share and discuss and commune.

If you have any issues, feel free to contact me via PM or email. I'll be happy to address any concerns members might have with interaction that goes on in the 200 section.

With Best Regards,
-onur
View attachment 589899
excellent

Welcome!

Welcome. You'll love the 200

I've posted elsewhere in the 2016 facelift LC thread, but perhaps a more formal introduction is better.

I'm in Chris, I live and work in Boston, MA. I've had a really wide range of cars my entire ownership history. I have typically had company cars and other opportunities to purchase so my turnover rate has been fairly terrifying from a financial perspective --but hey, it's given me a chance to sample a lot of different things. In the last 5 years I've had mostly VAG products (VW, Porsche, Audi, etc) I bounced around between different SUVs and cars: Cayenne Turbo, V10TDI Touareg, SQ5, RS5, S6... I've also had some trusty "workhorses" F150KR, Explorer, and others (yes, I just called a Ford trusty.)

Irrespective I've always, always had my eye on landcruisers, even if from a distance. My father has always had Infiniti's and we marveled over their relative cost of ownership and outright reliability compared to the German stuff. To be honest I don't think I ever really "understood" LC's until I started reading about them. They're a very unique offering that I think is misunderstood by the majority of the population. I eventually took a test drive in a CPO '14 a few months back but I had no intention at the time of making a purchase.

Fast forward and I signed papers and drove off in a brand new 2015 exactly one week ago today. 800 miles in and I'm elated. What a joy the car is in all capacities. I really like the look of the 200 series and knew that if I waited until just the right time (when the 2016 was up on the Toyota site) that I could get a deal on one, and it worked. Buying a car that I plan to keep literally forever is a wonderful feeling --but getting thousands off only made the deal that much sweeter.

So far I've had the whole front hood, bumper, and fenders covered in paint protection, as well as the full rear bumper. Today I got some Llumar Formula 1 ceramic window tint installed on the front windows. I plan to order some weathertech complete floormats for the full car; then fitting BFG KO2's will be in order. I'm hoping these will be a good compromise for a year round tire to be used on trips up skiing in deep snow, out on the improved gravel roads, highway, and a whole lot of city driving. That's all I have planned for now.

Attached are pictures from delivery day a week ago and window tint this morning.

Cheers!
-Chris

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1444867294.275547.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1444867331.997477.jpg

Welcome Chris. I'm from NY and ski upper NY and VT. The KO2s are amazing in the snow. Excellent choice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom