welcome....... BATTLEWAGON (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

rig has been largely neglected lately, had to clean some mildew of the steering wheel today as my wife took off to work with my DD truck keys, I think the 20 miles I put on it is the most action it's seen in a year.

but at least it forced me to drive her and take pics the roof rack I fabbed up a few weeks ago, 3/4" tube can't remember the wall thickness, covered with expanded metal, boxed out a few mounting spots for the Yakima box and kayak mounts. Also did a shake down on the tranny cooler and EZ locker (which sucks).

wound up with some alum 8 hole mags in a trade, 4" BS and they barely clear the TREs, they're coming off soon and the 33x10.5s (like the spare) are going back on.
IMG-20111114-00265.jpg
IMG-20111114-00264.jpg

Good call on the wheels. Look kinda weird haha.

Sorry to hear about the EZ locker.

Nice rack! ;)

Pulled the trigger on a Harbor Freight Badlands 12k winch, $299 with coupon and $50 for the two year no questions asked warranty. For that kinda money I can afford to break it.

Recessed into the grill as deep as I could to retain approach angle and just because I enjoy cutting sheetmetal.

image.jpg

Not done yet, got 2 grade 8s in the mounting plate but will add 4 more and clean up the rough edges

image.jpg

Rattle canned some gray on the sides a while back, I really don't think black belongs on 60s. 33x12.5 MTR Kevlars mounted on new wheels.

Buddy has a vinyl cutter and wants to add some aggressive decals on the sides, any ideas? Also thinking about putting the rising sun hood back on.

Swapped the rear springs out for 5 leaf 63" Chebbies SUA a while back, I will add details and pics of the swap later. 14" travel 51002 in the rear and 12 inchers in the front, with extended brake lines. Haven't flexed it out yet.

image.jpg

Not sure I dig the wheels, but the paint lines are sweet.

Does that winch free spool? Can you mount synthetic on it?

Last edited:
I got a little bored. Not that crazy though. Idea nonetheless

90FJcopy_zpsdb8f9eee.jpg

You've had a few usernames. I wondered where you had gone!

Where did you get the feet for your 3/4" tube roof rack? Looks good.

Not sure I dig the wheels, but the paint lines are sweet.

Does that winch free spool? Can you mount synthetic on it?

Yes and yes, my goal is to put synthetic and a hawse at some point but we'll see.

As far as wheels go, I'm collecting 15x7 steelie spares from 95-98 Tacos for all 4 corners but these will do for now.

I got a little bored. Not that crazy though. Idea nonetheless

You've had a few usernames. I wondered where you had gone!

Thanks Kline, I'm thinking more along the lines of old school Toyota graphics or agro stylie panda s***.
Panda_twin_handgun_logo.jpg

I'm here, just gotta stay out of H&F and hope the black hand doesn't mind.

Where did you get the feet for your 3/4" tube roof rack? Looks good.

I built it, used some mounts from Mikes off-road I believe. Cut down a HF hitch rack for the corners.
haul-master-hitch-rack.jpg

Thanks! I have 8 extra mounts $160+shipping if anyone wants them.

Last edited:
More :D

logo_zpse5379404.jpg

panda_zps431ede2c.jpg

I dig the rear window decal, maybe the panda can go on the rising sun hood.

I was thinking more along the lines of this for the main body:
149860d1335974618-old-school-vs-new-school-tastes-tacoma-mochup.jpg

DSC_0083.jpg

images

You bought Cruisified's rig?? ;)

Probably one of the best mods of a HF rack I have seen yet. I was wondering how you bent up the corners. Good job.

The Panda is awesome.

Technically I bought it from Battlewagon who bought it from Cruisified.

Thanks Mace, I wanted something low-pro and relatively light. 3/4 square tube dies are far and few between even with local fab shops so I improvised. The hitch rack was $50 from HF so it was relatively cheap to build as well, the mounts were the $pendy part.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom