Water pump bolt sizes (1 Viewer)

!986 2F
Can someone tell me the bolt sizes for the water pump please, mine have walked off in the three years this has been since disassembly.
. Thanks in advance.

Jdc1

SILVER Star
There’s a change in pitch right in 1985. They are still available from your dealer.

The 2F WP bolts change to fine thread, along with the other 3F improvements in 10/84.
10x1.25, 40mm long.

This is Frank Seaman in North Carolina.
I should have just called you to start with!!
So I have a 3F, not a 2F? The block number says 2F 869432

The 2F WP bolts change to fine thread, along with the other 3F improvements in 10/84.
10x1.25, 40mm long.

A tool that can help you when you are unsure of a bolt or nuts thread pitch is a set of thread chasers. Useful for cleaning out dirty and rusted nuts and bolts. You can also use the set to figure out what thread you are dealing with. A complete set of SAE and Metric are not that expensive and can save you tons of time.

Nut & Bolt Thread Checker (Inch & Metric), Original Version (SWTC-26) by Empathic Solutions

Amazon product
Under $30 from Amazon.com and PRICELESS.

(I do also recommend a full tap and die set to clean threads up, but would not use them to check size.)

greenbeast

GOLD Star
Nut & Bolt Thread Checker (Inch & Metric), Original Version (SWTC-26) by Empathic Solutions

Amazon product
Under $30 from Amazon.com and PRICELESS.

(I do also recommend a full tap and die set to clean threads up, but would not use them to check size.)
I have exact thread checker and use it far more then I ever realized I would. Agree with Tap and Die set, this has been very helpful with my project with replacing bolts.

FJ40Jim

The Cruiser Whisperer
SILVER Star
This is Frank Seaman in North Carolina.
I should have just called you to start with!!
So I have a 3F, not a 2F? The block number says 2F 869432
Frank, the engine is a 2F. In late 1984 the 2F is replaced by the 3F, globally. Some small markets, like the US, continued with the 2F for a few years. There were some changes made for the 3F that were also integrated into the final versions of the 2F, like the WP bolts changing to ISO/JIS size, added manifold boltholes, better valvetrain, crankshaft thrust washers separated from main bearings....

Frank, the engine is a 2F. In late 1984 the 2F is replaced by the 3F, globally. Some small markets, like the US, continued with the 2F for a few years. There were some changes made for the 3F that were also integrated into the final versions of the 2F, like the WP bolts changing to ISO/JIS size, added manifold boltholes, better valvetrain, crankshaft thrust washers separated from main bearings....

Thank you sir!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom