WARN Hub Replacement Parts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anyone know where I can get the 79 FJ40 hub pieces? The 2 wheel/4 wheel numbers are scraped off my WARN hub. They were scraped off when I bought the vehicle. I don't need the whole kit. I just need the outer pieces showing 2 wheel or 4 wheel drive.. Thanks.

front left hub.jpg

Kurt, JohnnyC, educate us. It looks like it says they are made by warn? Would the parts be interchangeable?

20200304_102056.jpg

AFAIK they are not interchangeable... some people call them the 'new' warn... as they are different... they are made by AVM ... (This afaik was a merger between them... they use warn distribution and warn gets to profit from the cheap supply of brazilian hubs)

AFAIK they are not interchangeable... some people call them the 'new' warn... as they are different... they are made by AVM ... (This afaik was a merger between them... they use warn distribution and warn gets to profit from the cheap supply of brazilian hubs)

X2, that is my understanding as well.

Ok. Is there any place to buy the outer caps that show 2X and 4X?

Ok. Is there any place to buy the outer caps that show 2X and 4X?

Have you tried reaching out to AVM to see if they can offer assistance?

Most likely that is no longer made ... I think that they are not even in contract with each other any more ... not 100% sure how long it lasted or if they are still

Warn or AVM could tell you ... call and let us know

Pull off the top and take some pictures and get measurements ... who knows maybe it is a copy design ... and a top from a warn can fit... or find a used AVM online that has the same top

See link below ... top is different if that’s the same as yours

Last edited:
You will be best served by pulling off the head of your hub and photographing the inside of the hub to make sure replacement is truly compatible. Even the mfgr would probably ask this of you.

I may have a pair of AVMs on a shelf somewhere. @pardiion may have one as well. But we would also want to see a pic before offering you anything.

Hummmm....my AVM's dial looks different. I guess they are prior to the Merger/Acquisition?
IMG_3528.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom