Wanted Wanted - 2000-2005 LC in North Carolina but willing to fly and drive home from anywhere (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm located in Boone, NC and looking for a relatively low mileage Land Cruiser for use as a daily driver.

I'm willing to drive up to 500 miles to come and get it depending on the deal.

Please shoot me an email if you have anything tyscottb @ gmail.com

Dealer wants $11K for that 2000 with 245K miles on it.... huh???

And he's not a dealer but just takes photos in a used car lot.... HA!!!

I think I'm more willing to buy a used LC from a private seller vs almost any other vehicle. They seem to be generally well cared for and even if they are moderately maintained, seem to have minimal issues (not considering rust or other non-mechanical issues?

Am I being naive? Overly optimistic?

Theres a LX470 down in S.C, on Autotrader. Grey, looks good, has an aftermarket front bumper on it and some BFGs. I'll bet someone from S.C. MUD (Upstate) possibly knows the previous owner. If I didnt have my 80, I would be looking hard at that one.

Theres a LX470 down in S.C, on Autotrader. Grey, looks good, has an aftermarket front bumper on it and some BFGs. I'll bet someone from S.C. MUD (Upstate) possibly knows the previous owner. If I didnt have my 80, I would be looking hard at that one.
Thanks - I'll check it out.

That one is near me. I may run down and check it out tomorrow and at least pick up the VIN to do a history report and see condition. I'll let you know how it looks.

Just stopped by and checked out the one at the Ford dealership. It’s definitely dirty. Discoloration on the drivers seat in normal place but no tears yet. No tears that I saw in any of the other seats besides maybe on the back at the bottom of the front seat. Has a Smittybilt 12k winch w/ synthetic line hidden behind the bumper. Factor 55 fairlead and shackle. Also has a VAIS Tech box in the glove box. Pretty sure LED swap on the interior lights as well. Clean underneath w/ no rust. Didn’t have a timing belt change sticker in the engine compartment, so not sure if that’s been done.

DIdn’t really talk about price, but he’s claiming they always send their Lexus overseas, so I’d bet you could get it for less than it’s listed at.

I did a bit of research on that one. All info was pm’d to the OP as well. 3 owner, one accident, no history of timing belt change on carfax it Lexus history and I also called the servicing dealer on the reports. Reports did show at one point a rodent chewed up some wires and it was repaired as well as around timing belt mileage the owner declining recommended maintenance. I made an offer that was not too far off and the salesman wouldn’t even entertain asking his boss. It isn’t but a few grand more for something with less miles and a better history. Mix that with the interaction and it is a hard pass.

Yeah, I had a not so great experience there too. Dude wanted all my info. I finally told him either he could show me the truck or I’d leave. I mean how freaking hard is it to show it. They’ve got it online on autotrader and their own website, yet it hasn’t been cleaned and actually had a “not for sale” sticker on the windshield.

Still on the hunt - I've found 1 or 2 that were promising, but backed out to rust or not getting there fast enough.

Should mention that I'm more than happy to fly and drive it back for the right deal.

Thanks for the link. I saw that and that guy reached out to me before he listed it. He sold it in about 12 hours

@CraigB thanks for the links. I've looked at a few of these, but there are some I'm going to research today. These are all in the ballpark of what I'm looking for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom