Wagongear's Newest Product: Firestick Antenna Mount (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks Johnny. Half debating to literally leave it accessible without having to pull anything out. Then just tuck it back up under

Thanks Johnny. Half debating to literally leave it accessible without having to pull anything out. Then just tuck it back up under

Anytime man. Where would you have it hang down under?

was thinking just under about where you put yours, but leave it reachable without having to pull anything out of the dash. Maybe up under near the glovebox...there seems to be plenty of room, but routing the antenna cable might be a bigger pain. I'll just have to start pulling stuff and see what it looks like!

putting my install on hold probably for another week. The PO did the Scion head unit swap, but didn't add the cable for the iPod. Ordered it yesterday...figured I'll do it all at once.

My special "KR" antenna is in, as is the splitter...works like a freakin' charm! Relatively easy to do. I also followed KR's advice on attaching the new cable to old one and pulling it thru. I can only imagine the headache with routing that would have caused...

Thanks again Kevin and Johnny for product and advice!

My special "KR" antenna is in, as is the splitter...works like a freakin' charm! Relatively easy to do. I also followed KR's advice on attaching the new cable to old one and pulling it thru. I can only imagine the headache with routing that would have caused...

Thanks again Kevin and Johnny for product and advice!

Glad it worked out for you! I'm still lovin' mine:cool:

WTH!
You guys are the ones posting about your antenna mounts, and you are the two guys who are having trouble with the splitter?!?!? :hillbilly:

I call false advertising! :flipoff2:

Seriously though, great that the mounts are working out and all, but both Johnny and fj are having trouble with the splitter, Johnny's doesn't work and fj's only works on FM.
Anyone else having an issue? Both my AM and FM work fine (went and checked again).
KR

WTH!
You guys are the ones posting about your antenna mounts, and you are the two guys who are having trouble with the splitter?!?!? :hillbilly:

I call false advertising! :flipoff2:

Seriously though, great that the mounts are working out and all, but both Johnny and fj are having trouble with the splitter, Johnny's doesn't work and fj's only works on FM.
Anyone else having an issue? Both my AM and FM work fine (went and checked again).
KR

What you built works great! No false advertising there!! :D

The splitter is another story though. As you said, I only get FM and I rechecked the soldering where I had to add the connector from the fire ring. I may cut that off and try again with the connector since everything else was together. If that doesn't do it, I may try adjusting some of the assembly on your mount and see if maybe something isn't sitting properly there...I'll keep posting as I try different things too.

Kevin/Johnny,
I've reconnected my termination from the FireRing to the splitter and no change. FWIW, I also unplugged it completely and was still able to get FM and nothing else. That said, I'm not sure I'm convinced that the splitter is the issue. I'm going to go back over the entire install and try moving some of the pieces around a little and rechecking everything.

Johnny,
Did you try any adjustments on yours? Still not working properly?

Kevin/Johnny,
I've reconnected my termination from the FireRing to the splitter and no change. FWIW, I also unplugged it completely and was still able to get FM and nothing else. That said, I'm not sure I'm convinced that the splitter is the issue. I'm going to go back over the entire install and try moving some of the pieces around a little and rechecking everything.

Johnny,
Did you try any adjustments on yours? Still not working properly?

I have not fooled with my install since I installed it:lol:. Have the ground installed properly between the mount and the body? I can go look at mine later if you want, but I realized that that portion is the only portion I didn't cover in my install pics.

is yours working properly? If so, leave it be...

I will double check the ground this afternoon, that could be it too.

Bumping this thread because I have a question.

I'm not a CB guru and know very little about it. Don't need a CB in the rig either.

Can this setup be used only for FM/AM ?

I really like the look of the long antenna on the 60/62 and need to replace my factory power antenna.

Thanks

Okay yet another OEM antenna mast s*** out on me again (same as the other three I've gone through, the plastic insert broke and it won't retract), so I'm seriously considering this option. Is there an easily removable antenna though, that won't leave the washers and grommet hanging loose when it's removed? I know the 4' would be ideal for using the CB out in the boonies, but I park in parking garages most of the time I go downtown here, plus I don't want to have someone walk by and simply yoink my antenna, lest they get pistol whipped :D

Bumping this thread because I have a question.

I'm not a CB guru and know very little about it. Don't need a CB in the rig either.

Can this setup be used only for FM/AM ?

I really like the look of the long antenna on the 60/62 and need to replace my factory power antenna.

Thanks

For the most part, none of us are radio gurus, a true guru would have the right antenna for each job, we all know that multi-tools don't do the job as well as a dedicated tool, same goes for the antennas.
I suppose that you could run a CB antenna with the splitter and not use a CB, but it's probably less than ideal to do so, and I would think you would need some kind of termination for the CB port on the splitter, just a guess.
This might be something best asked of the folks at Wallcott, I did a quick search to see if they had an FM antenna that could mount to a CB mount, but didn't see anything.

Spook50 Okay yet another OEM antenna mast s*** out on me again (same as the other three I've gone through, the plastic insert broke and it won't retract), so I'm seriously considering this option. Is there an easily removable antenna though, that won't leave the washers and grommet hanging loose when it's removed? I know the 4' would be ideal for using the CB out in the boonies, but I park in parking garages most of the time I go downtown here, plus I don't want to have someone walk by and simply yoink my antenna, lest they get pistol whipped
Spook, you could run something like this for the quick disconnect, they have a handful of versions.
It would bother me to remove the antenna all the time though, what you might want to consider is a shorter, maybe 3' antenna and the lighter spring. The 4' with the heavy spring is brutal in parking garages, WHAAPP! WHAPPP! :frown:
But I structure my life around avoiding the kind of places that have parking garages. :p
:cheers:
KR

Add me to the "got a bad Matchmaker splitter" pile:frown:. Mine has no continuity through the center pin. Did you guys have any luck with Walcott getting a good replacement? I'm gonna give them a call them later today and see if I can get them to test the next one before shipping.

Butt

Add me to the "got a bad Matchmaker splitter" pile:frown:. Mine has no continuity through the center pin. Did you guys have any luck with Walcott getting a good replacement? I'm gonna give them a call them later today and see if I can get them to test the next one before shipping.

Butt

Honestly, this project has been on the very back burner since last summer. School takes priority over cruiser projects and I have a stack of CD's in my truck that I use anyway.

Props to Walcott for standing behind it. They gave me return authroization with no hassle this morning, and commited to testing the next matchmaker before they send it my way. :clap:

Butt

Props to Walcott for standing behind it. They gave me return authroization with no hassle this morning, and commited to testing the next matchmaker before they send it my way. :clap:

Butt

Did you get yours through Kevin or buy it separately?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom