VSC OFF switch install. (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I did this last night, grounded the pink black, left the bitter end going back in to the harness with tape on it.
It put my 2006 into a different tranny map. It acted like it was in 4 low, even though it wasn't.
I have a part time kit.
I did get out, lock the hubs, put it in 4 hi, and tried 4 low also and both times = same shift patterns and high revving shift points.
I had the vsc off light the whole time like it should have been. I double checked you guys were grounding the connector side of the EXI pink black wire from A43 position 3 to the detection switch.
I am guilty of not doing any research other than checking to see if the 06-07 had the same ECU numbers.
It wasn't high on my priority list, but now I want to find out.

I did connect it back together normally and went driving again, it was all back to normal.
probably not many guys doing this to an 06-07?

Looks like another good challenge for you Jerry. I can’t wait for you to figure it out because I would like to replicate on my 06.

Will the VSC light permanently stay after doing this mod? That’s fine I would rather see that than a green flashing traction light slamming the brakes on.

Looks like another good challenge for you Jerry. I can’t wait for you to figure it out because I would like to replicate on my 06.

I don't know that I will. You could try it exactly as I did and see what happens. It's fast to try it with some clips.
I didn't try the three position switch though, that might work. Don't know if anyones tried this with a late 100 yet in stock form.
I just believe that the 06 & 07, and possibly the 05/2005 and on are different. I'm 100% sure it shifts the tranny map.
I only spent one day on it
I want Atrac off because it happens all the time if it's wet out. Being part time 4wd makes it worse, and the wildpeak tires makes it even more sketchy+ the bigger rolling diameter. My driving habits in the rain changed dramatically, and when it's dry I think I've just got use to the limit where it engages, mostly sweeping on and off ramps, and sharp turns off red lights.
I don't think doing it with the 3 way would change it from swapping shift maps, which was sort of the reason I stopped. But I might look some more sometime in the future.

Finally no more brakes randomly slamming on for no reseason. Did this mod last Friday took the Cruiser out this weekend on the same mountain roads where I was having the brakes randomly slamming on not anymore. Best mod I have done to the Cruiser so far. Thanks for the help guys

Has anyone who has done this determined if it disables ATRAC also?

i just realized this started to happen when i went to 33inch tires.

i will definitely do this tonight.

This and Heater Ts are a must.

i just realized this started to happen when i went to 33inch tires.

i will definitely do this tonight.

This and Heater Ts are a must.
If you do this mod without using the switch. I did not use the switch the VSC light will permanently be on, but you can pull the bulb from the dash if you would like.

Oh THANK GOD someone came up with this. Love my cruiser so much, but they over-engineered the VSC on these vehicles to the point that it causes more harm than good. No more random braking for me! I'm gonna do this mod today.

Has anybody seen any kind of adverse issue crop up after fully disabling the VSC? I read through the whole thread and didn't see much, so I'm hopeful that I can just disable this and forget about it.

It's done. Just like people on this thread said, on a 2001 LX 470 it's Pin 3 on the second-from-the-top connector on the vertically-mounted ECU under the driver's side dash. Just above the pedals. Pink with a black stripe. From the moment I unpacked my tools to the time I put them up, 30 minutes. Drove it around the block and saw no ill effects. Will see if the brake pulsation/grab from the VSC is finally gone over the next week or two.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom