Voltage Discrepancies (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It’s wired properly. It’s extremely simple. Ground is wired directly to the battery, which is how their harness is set up.
I think it’s probably just the sniper volt meter is off. I checked the harness and the relay with my multi meter and it has the same volts as the battery.
Appreciate everyone’s feedback.

It’s wired properly. It’s extremely simple. Ground is wired directly to the battery, which is how their harness is set up.
I think it’s probably just the sniper volt meter is off. I checked the harness and the relay with my multi meter and it has the same volts as the battery.
Appreciate everyone’s feedback.

your using a KLINE voltage meter , right

does it concur in ALL the FSM field test locations

yes or no is your answer ?

Maybe if you use the next smaller wire gauge going to the sniper. If the wire is too small you may have a voltage drop. Just a guess.

Or you take the way out get the ratio between the two voltage differences. Save the answer. So use 1.035 time what ever voltage you on the sniper. Easy peasy:).

13.56/13.1=1.035

Sorry, probably not what you wanted to hear.

Without knowing how the sniper works, does the manual have a voltage offset adjustment when settingit up?

maybe what is needed here is a Holley Sniper , Master Technician :idea:

and im NOT one ......

Back probe the the power wire at the back of the sniper connector and compare it to battery voltage. Do this key on/engine on and key on/engine off and key off/engine off. If you have significant voltage drop then ohm that wire. That is a lot of wires coming off the battery but not a big deal. You are looking for clean bright and tight when it comes to battery connections and as long as everything is clean bright and tight you can hang as many wires as will fit on those posts and it'll have no impact on your system.

What did you run for a fuel pump? If I recall, they might share the fused constant 12+...but it's been a bit. Pretty sure the Holley harness splits that feed to run to the Sniper as well as the relay for the fuel pump. If they do, you may see a little bit of a drop from the fuel pump load...but it would also go away with the engine off.

Easy test there too - check the voltage at the battery vs what's displayed at the Sniper with the engine off. The inline fuse is also a good "sniff point" to check if it's a connection or terminal issue.

I'm in the camp that thinks the voltage sensor in the Sniper is probably not that accurate. If you can access the wire on the Sniper module that is supposed to monitor the voltage and check it with your volt meter, then you will have your answer as to its accuracy.

Now just looking at all the high current things you have added to this truck, you are running a high risk of a harness meltdown without the OEM fusible link installed. I still make and sell these. I include the male harness side terminal and connector so it can be put back totally stock. Just send me an email as I don't get on MUD much.

Also if you want a bit cleaner installed at the battery for accessories, check out this Blue Sea 4 circuit fuse panel. It easily mounts to the 3/8 marine terminal on your battery and provides 4 fuses. It also comes with a ground buss to allow easy grounding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom