VIN plate on engine (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Would like to know where is the VIN plate located on the engine block. I am checking out a 100 would like to see if it still have the original engine. Thanks in advance

There is an ID number on the engine block but it does not match the VIN.

Really? my 99 4runner have a VIN plate on the original block and it's riveted also my 93 truck.
Are you talking about the block #? My next door neighbor have Sequioa I will ask if I could look in there.

^^^ Correct, indeed! I mistook it for the serial number in front of/below the intake manifold.

It's on a riveted plate on the rh(passenger) of the engine, right below the valve cover.

Interesting. I noticed this on my truck when working on it but then thought "why would they put a vin # on the head which could be replaced" ?

Thank you guys. Out of my old 3.4l block
20170310_193325.jpg

It's on a riveted plate on the rh(passenger) of the engine, right below the valve cover.

Help!! my soon to be PO cannot locate the VIN plate on the block. i need an etching of it for the DMV for plates and registration ASAP. hes on the west coast, im on the east coast. you see my problem...
Could someone shoot a somewhat wide shot with the spot highlighted as to where the plate is? Thanks so much guys! cant wait to add a 100 series to the collection! -k

Any helpers out there? Sorry to bother. Title is being swapped in a couple hours. Thanks!

It's shown above in a picture.

VIN is on "B" pillar DS door plate.
DS lower windshield. (on dash viewed from outside))
PS head center below valve cover. (Pictured above)
PS frame just behind front tire.
PS Transmission back half way.
Most all fenders and doors.

Yeah that picture doesnt really show the general area but your description helps. It has to be an embossed or engraved plate for a pencil rubbing. The one on the dash is not accessible im told because of the windshield. The one on the frame is covered up by the arb bumper. Hopefully he can find the one on the head. Thanks!

you have to take off the intake on the passenger side so you can see the passenger side valve cover, its on the head, not the block, right in the middle directly below the valve cover, may be covered with crusty burnt oil if the valve cover is leaking.

Actually you can see the VIN that is on the head, without removing the airbox. I don't happen to have a picture with air box on. But just stand on PS with a flashlight and you'll see unless covered with gunk.
028a.jpg

I've not had and ARB bumper. But don't see how it would block frame VIN.
016.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom