Vevor 10 and 16qt fridges excellent fit for 100 series ADGU drawers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I was looking for a fridge / freezer I could keep in the ADGU drawers, but I didn't want an actual drawer fridge, because I don't feel like modifying my drawer fronts.

ADGU lists the drawers as having 9.5" of clearance, I measured mine at somewhere around 9.75", and the Vevor 10 and 16qt fridges are specced at 9.8" and 10.2" tall respectively. I figured I'd order both and see what I could make work. They were $121 and $143 dollars respectively.

Turns out the smaller 10qt model fit perfectly height-wise, and also fit absolutely perfectly sideways in the drawer. Very nice... except, the plug goes in the back, so you would need to drill out a hole for that. I was kinda tempted to order another of the little guys and have a mini fridge + freezer setup, but I don't really need to run two compressors.

The 16qt model required adding two washers on the left and one washer in the center, on the underside of the platform, in order to clear. I ended up keeping the 16qt, because I wanted the larger volume and the longer dimension for certain items. You can fit a 48oz Nalgene bottle in the 16qt, for example. The 10qt can't really fit many of anything, or any of many things, but would be fine for a person or two on a short trip. Or, use it for a handful of frozen items and for freezing your ice packs, then rotate those into your cooler, for longer trips.

For a super cheap fridge that sips power and hides away in a drawer, I'm happy with it. Quality seems just fine. App controls work well.

IMG_1559.jpeg

IMG_1558.jpeg

IMG_1557.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom