Verify Oil Cooler Hose P/N please?

Discussion in '60-Series Wagons' started by Randy88FJ62, May 3, 2017.

1. Randy88FJ62

Randy88FJ62

Media:
    Albums:
    There is a horizontal hose that attaches to the Oil Cooler. I want to replace it and was hoping someone could verify I found the correct one. It's a straight hose, no fancy turns.

OEM Hose for 1988 Toyota Land Cruiser|90445-18085 : Toyota Parts Online | Olathe Toyota Parts Center

I realize the link shows that it is no longer available. Any good online ordering places other than dealer?

I replaced all coolant hoses awhile back. While I am dealing with oil change and this hose swap are there any other oil hoses I should swap?

2. Shacklewhacker

Shacklewhacker

Two things. First, there are no exposed "oil lines" on the FJ60/62 oil cooler system. All the lines running to/from the cooler "brick" on the side of the engine block are carrying coolant - not oil. Oil enters and exits the cooler in passages where is mates/bolts down to the side of the engine block, thus no exposed oil lines like I stated.

Second, it looks like SOR may have the parts you need - be sure to click the brown tab at the top of the diagram for your correct year/motor:

Page 055 Land Cruiser Gasoline Oil Cooler

3. Randy88FJ62

Randy88FJ62

Media:
    Albums:
    Hmm. I saw oil on the hose clamp and assumed it was coming from that hose. If it's a coolant hose I already did it. Seems I need to chase down the oil leak instead. Thank you.

Jaric00n likes this.
  4. Shacklewhacker

Shacklewhacker

No prob - good luck on the leak hunt!

5. 4Cruisers

4Cruisers SILVER Star

99556-30210 is the correct part number for the straight horizontal section of coolant hose from the oil cooler.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.