1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Verify Oil Cooler Hose P/N please?

Discussion in '60-Series Wagons' started by Randy88FJ62, May 3, 2017.

1. Randy88FJ62

Randy88FJ62

Media:
    Albums:
    There is a horizontal hose that attaches to the Oil Cooler. I want to replace it and was hoping someone could verify I found the correct one. It's a straight hose, no fancy turns.

OEM Hose for 1988 Toyota Land Cruiser|90445-18085 : Toyota Parts Online | Olathe Toyota Parts Center

I realize the link shows that it is no longer available. Any good online ordering places other than dealer?

I replaced all coolant hoses awhile back. While I am dealing with oil change and this hose swap are there any other oil hoses I should swap?

2. Shacklewhacker

Shacklewhacker

Two things. First, there are no exposed "oil lines" on the FJ60/62 oil cooler system. All the lines running to/from the cooler "brick" on the side of the engine block are carrying coolant - not oil. Oil enters and exits the cooler in passages where is mates/bolts down to the side of the engine block, thus no exposed oil lines like I stated.

Second, it looks like SOR may have the parts you need - be sure to click the brown tab at the top of the diagram for your correct year/motor:

Page 055 Land Cruiser Gasoline Oil Cooler

3. Randy88FJ62

Randy88FJ62

Media:
    Albums:
    Hmm. I saw oil on the hose clamp and assumed it was coming from that hose. If it's a coolant hose I already did it. Seems I need to chase down the oil leak instead. Thank you.

Jaric00n likes this.
  4. Shacklewhacker

Shacklewhacker

No prob - good luck on the leak hunt!

5. 4Cruisers

4Cruisers SILVER Star

99556-30210 is the correct part number for the straight horizontal section of coolant hose from the oil cooler.