Vent to Defog Slide Control Cable (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I cannot control the sliding went to defrost function or vice-versa. I know the cable has slipped off, But from the pictures below is the tip of the cable broken or is that the way it is?

19BC1E52-380C-4991-B016-FB6AE26DE299.jpeg

19C152F8-8503-44E8-8419-E0E1A2F74E88.png

It needs to be attached to the surface through that square hole. Those little clips break.
That way the sheathing is held in place so the rod will slide through it.
Exactly like the blue and black ones that are upside down in the same first photo

Would anyone have a picture of what the cable tip, including clip, should look like?

I got ya since I was just going through my parts bins and knew where it was. The top pic is right side up and the vent lever is the top one. The bottom pic is upside down and its the lever on the bottom (where you can see the pin and retainer)

Kdf3Zg4.jpg
UdyyBak.jpg

@kenavt was it you that was dealing with this little clip/tab, or is my memory off?

from the pictures from the OP, it looks like your cable housing in your first picture may be slipping in the metal clip that is supposed to hold the housing fixed. If the housing is allowed to move, then the cable/wire won't move relative to the housing. your picture doesn't really show the end of the cable/wire but it looks like it should be looped around a post.

It could be that the door the other end of the cable/wire is attached to is stuck and that caused the housing to break free from the clip.

I got ya since I was just going through my parts bins and knew where it was. The top pic is right side up and the vent lever is the top one. The bottom pic is upside down and its the lever on the bottom (where you can see the pin and retainer)

Kdf3Zg4.jpg
UdyyBak.jpg
Thank you very much @kheld01 !!

@2mbb , It seems to me that the tip of my cable
is broken?

50F44328-3F00-49E3-981E-0924D76D2D53.jpeg

@kenavt was it you that was dealing with this little clip/tab, or is my memory off?
I was dealing with the metal clips that clip onto the housing (not the end hooks). My housing/cable came out and I could get it back in, but the housing kept on slipping and I couldn't get the metal clip to crimp on. Ended up gluing it.

Doesn't look like that's the problem here.

I was dealing with the metal clips that clip onto the housing (not the end hooks). My housing/cable came out and I could get it back in, but the housing kept on slipping and I couldn't get the metal clip to crimp on. Ended up gluing it.

Doesn't look like that's the problem here.
Copy that. Sorry to tag you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom