Valve cover nut/washer differences (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Need some help. Searched a lot and thought I was ordering the correct washers but when I got them in they were way too small and the nut won't thread on.
Left is obviously the old with the wider ID allowing the nut to thread on.
Second pic shows the new installed

20211216_170240_HDR.jpg

20211216_171557_HDR.jpg

Are we looking at F vs. 2F hold down nuts?

^ Thanks i'll try that but not locally.

On the wrong ones I just got I called and they wanted $8.99 each for them. Online they're like $2.50 each

View attachment 2867409

View attachment 2867407
Try

90210-13028, $6.72 list at your local dealer​

Whenever I look up parts I will include list price for the reason that @bhsdriller pointed out above:

He was charged $8.99 for a part Toyota lists for $3.79 and is available online discounted for $2.55. (This seems to be a common occurrence in some parts of California)

I've learned that on small orders, saving $1.24 on 4 items ($4.96) from an online discounter is offset by the $7.55 shipping charge.

My local dealer said they usually are close to the best Internet price, but you have to order it online and not in store. Said it’s no difference to them because Toyota subsidizes the difference. No shipping that way but I have noticed it can take a day or two longer to get. Really helps if you know part numbers, etc and are ordering after hours.
For instance, my local is Marysville Toyota, so I go to parts.marysvilletoyota. An oil pan gasket msrp for my 70 FJ40 is $33.78 but online price is $25.39, which is only $2 more than toyotapartsdeal.

My local dealer "Cherokee County Toyota" will not give any discounts what so ever! Basically told me to pound sand 8 years ago when I started refurbishing my 40. However, I did find that "South Atlanta Toyota" would give 25% discounts to MUD members, so I've used them some.

To over come the Toyota Internet shipping cost, I make sure my order is well over $100 so that some of the cost savings is realized. As well as I'm not having to make a trip to the dealership, which is not just next door. However, when I need a small part similar to this valve cover nut washer or a OEM bolt or two, I will just go to my local Toyota parts counter. This also give me a chance to say "Hello" to my Service Lady, who is the BOMB DIGITTY!

I got all 5 of my wheels from Vescovo Toyota (thanks Letterman!) because their discount and free shipping made it cheaper than online at my local. One counter guy here is really helpful, even printed me out all the engine, trans and axle diagrams with part numbers without me asking. The other, younger guy could care less about my “Jeep”. (Dang, he’s probably actually the same age as me). Anyway, thread hijack over.

A quick google and now I’m up to date on my urban language database. There’s even a BD restaurant in Texas! 😂

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom