Vais Technology SL3b Bluetooth interface adapter install for 08 lc200 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I figured this little issue out so
Follow me on this technical explanation: powered down my phone, powered it back on and my steering wheel skip buttons work again! Friggin genius!!!
No doubt all the sequence steps mentioned above worked thier juju too

That happened to me with the Amazon Music app after the app updated. After I hit skip ahead on the phone once, the steering controls started working again. It coincided with me getting a new Apple Watch which also has the music controls pop up on it automatically now too so perhaps that was part of the equation but all is back to normal. Def something on the phone side of things and not the VAIS end. Been good to go since also!

I'm getting this weird behavior on my LC. After using the BT45 on CD emulation mode for awhile, the disc drive seems to be running or search for a disc indefinitely. It's kinda annoying and there is no way to shut it off while I'm driving! I had to drive from LA to SF with that high pitch chirping noise of that damn disc player.
I tried switching the emulation mode to something else but still get the same behavior. Do you guys get the same behavior on the VIAS?

Nope. Contact the manuf and get their take on the symptoms. Tell them your online friends have a different device and it works fine. Lol

Nope. Contact the manuf and get their take on the symptoms. Tell them your online friends have a different device and it works fine. Lol
Lol good call. I’ll do that, I think it’s been under a year since I got it so maybe I might still be able to return the device and go with vias lol

Pretty disappointed in the usaspec support team.
This was the response I got.
"It isn’t a known issue and we are very surprised to find out it did that. unless something is wrong with the bt45 it shouldn’t be doing that, not sure where you got it from but if it wasn’t crutchfield we would recommend that you contact he seller and ask for a refund and instead buy it from our only authorized online reseller (crutchfield) if you are still interested in the BT45."

I got it through amazon from a non crutchfield seller almost a year ago so returns are not an option. If I had to rebuy a bt45 from crutchfield, I'd rather just spend my money on a VIAS. Just my $0.02

sorry to hear that. I've made a discovery, do not update your iPhone software if you like having steering wheel controls. I'm still battling being able to change songs and not have my phone switch off of Pandora and go directly to apple music once I hit the skip button - aggravating for sure. IPhone updates are the spawn of satan!

I just called VAIS and they said it all should work. I assume you push the DVD button twice to activate the connection? The MML-T1 is the same unit but plays through the cord and charges at the same time...I think thats the one I am going to go with.

Did you end up purchasing the MML-T1? I went with the Grom USB3 for similar functionality and it periodically locks up my head unit. Completely, even the HVAC controls stop working and I have to restart the car. This is maybe 10% of the time I use it. A trip to Moab it decided to not work the entire trip them worked fine when I returned home. I’d love to hear your experience with the MML-T1 if you bought it as I like having my phone docked and doing audio through the cable as I am unfortunately on conference calls using the factory hands free Bluetooth for a couple hours every day and don’t want to mess with that.

Took my dash apart today due to my phone not charging via the Bluetooth adapter. The Bluetooth workrd great just not the charging. I Replaced and reran a new lighting charger cord only to figure out it was a iphone software issue. If you experience any malfunction with this particular device simply go to the Bluetooth settings in your phone, forget this device and then reload. Also the velcro holding the adapter in place had let go and created this horrendous rattle when my air blower was turned on. I thought i had a major issue going on....all good now. Iphone updates are not friendly. I dislike them very much so. This device still get a two thumbs up in my book.

0CAD8CD8-AD99-46DF-B05F-2858233EEBB2.jpeg

Last edited:
Where did you place the VAIS unit? Behind or on the side of the nav unit?

Excellent, thanks. Where did you run the USB charging cable to?

Glad it worked out for you man. Enjoy!

Can you still play DVDs in the rear with this device installed, or does it take over the entire disc function?

No issues.

Recently upgraded from my iPhone 6 to an iPhone XS last month and now my music skips when streaming in the LC.

Not skipping tracks, but skips similar to a scratched CD that loses a second here and there in the middle of a song. Only happens when connected to my VAIS unit in the LC, not with any other bluetooth audio streaming. Any ideas?

Recently upgraded from my iPhone 6 to an iPhone XS last month and now my music skips when streaming in the LC.

Not skipping tracks, but skips similar to a scratched CD that loses a second here and there in the middle of a song. Only happens when connected to my VAIS unit in the LC, not with any other bluetooth audio streaming. Any ideas?
ive not experienced a that...yet. Only downfall I've found is on the initial start up my music will kick off within the first 30 seconds. I have to press play again and then it's fine. If not the iPhone will default to my Apple Music library and start playing beastie boys. For your scenario have you ruled out the blue tooth is reacting to another device that it is nearby?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom