Build US Spec. February 1990 Poverty 80 2uz/h151f swap

Member Builds and Stories

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@thatcabledude @mudgudgeon I bought these seats out of a JDM 80 series that was parted out. When I bought them I also got the matching door panels but they are for manual Crank Windows that I later decided not use. I may some day just not now.

Having JDM seats may make finding a similar fabric tough.
Ask on 80 series in Canada FB page. Lots of JDM rigs on the west coast so you may be able to source some seats for donor material or door panels.
 
I did not know there was an 80 series specific FB page, I guess I should not be surprised though. I see what I can find.
 
I did not know there was an 80 series specific FB page, I guess I should not be surprised though. I see what I can find.
Ya, you will probably find Joey over there 😆
 
I still have them but they need reupholstered to be useful. They are a backup option if I decide to reupholster the interior.
 
@Tank5

Quick question, Now that you have some miles on your build, Hows the drive line vibes from moving the Tcase forward 5.5ish inches. I making some progress on getting mine this week and will need to order drive shafts soon, just wondered if you have run into issues from the necessary shorter front drive shaft.

Thanks
 
@Tank5

Quick question, Now that you have some miles on your build, Hows the drive line vibes from moving the Tcase forward 5.5ish inches. I making some progress on getting mine this week and will need to order drive shafts soon, just wondered if you have run into issues from the necessary shorter front drive shaft.

Thanks
No driveline issues at all. No vibrations or anything of that nature. I did install a 2.5” lift during the build as well but that does not seem to be affecting it.

I am using stock drive shafts at the moment but I may have new ones built. I need to measure what I have and compare them to what the correct length should be.
 
Back
Top Bottom