Builds Urban Assault Cruiser 92 FJ80 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Harsh shifts, overall clunky feeling and a tendency to hang onto 1st gear too long when rolling to a stop (would pull down RPM to below idle and make the whole truck shudder). Mine also required major pedal inputs to downshift, but might have been a kickdown cable issue.

Does yours have a toyota shifter or aftermarket?

My experience with 700R4 was not positive but it probably wasn't just the transmission (to be fair to the truck). Bad rebuild, too tall gears, to high expectations. YMMV.

Harsh shifts, overall clunky feeling and a tendency to hang onto 1st gear too long when rolling to a stop (would pull down RPM to below idle and make the whole truck shudder). Mine also required major pedal inputs to downshift, but might have been a kickdown cable issue.

Does yours have a toyota shifter or aftermarket?
Oh I see. Mines got the factory shifter but I need to get the shifting throw corrected. When the shifter reads D I am already in first. So I have to redo the linkage.
My experience with 700R4 was not positive but it probably wasn't just the transmission (to be fair to the truck). Bad rebuild, too tall gears, to high expectations. YMMV.

Yea I think their are a lot off different ways to build them and get different shift qualities and strength out of them.

Worked on the evap system more. The factory evap bracket has these tabs that will work perfect for me. First I hammered them flat. Then drilled holes. I mounted it under the floor where the factory 1fz cats would normally go.
20171218_184359-756x1008.jpg
20171218_190818-756x1008.jpg

Looks good mounted there. Find a spot for the junction block/pressure sensor?
Thanks man. I got the welder out and welded some nuts in the frame for the junction block a couple inches behind the front shock mount. Just need to make the little L bracket to hold the pressure sensor in.

Dang man! Two days ago I tossed all the uncut emissions harness wires I had left over. Could have hooked you up if I saw this sooner! :mad:

Took the dash apart, found this fan in their. Anyone know what it's for?
20180104_190415.jpg
I worked on wiring in the check engine light and oil pressure gauge. I couldn't find the wires further down the harness, it's difficult figuring out what the prior owner did. So I just went right to the gauges. I tried to keep it clean.
20180104_193945-756x1008.jpg
20180104_203636-1008x756.jpg

Found my check engine light wasn't working because of a ecm pin I didn't push in all the way. Now the 3fe check engine light is used for the 5.3fe:cool:
20180105_194600-1008x756.jpg

Wired up the obd2 port. Can't believe this wasn't installed by previous owner. Ignore the crappy trailer brake controller wiring. One battle at a time. Just to ensure the plug worked I pulled up live data. For the plug all u need is 12v, a ecm wire, and ground.
20180105_194142-1008x756.jpg
20180105_202137.jpg

nice progress :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom