Upstate Member/Newbie Sign In (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yeah, I'm the original J-Bo. But, since your name is actually Jay (rather than Josh) I'll let it ride.:p I will say this though: I married a girl with a "J" name and gave my son a "J" name so we will continue to answer to "The J-Bo's".

Either way, welcome! Have a great time with your 80. Hope to meet you soon!:cheers:

Thanks for the endorsement. People just all seem to like to call me that so I went with it. I'm more than happy to respond to Jay and you can go with J-Bo, except on Mud and you are "boombapslappy" :D. Looking forward to meeting all of you as well.

No problem Jay-Bo.;)

I'm sure, when we're sitting around camp, that the rest of these yahoo's will figure out something different for the both of us. UC is a fantastic bunch of Cruiserheads, but we're all full of s**t too! When you get home from a trail ride and you're wondering why your body aches...it's not from bouncing around in your rig. It's from laughing your ass off at 2am around the fire.

Have I told my UC folks how much I love ya?:flipoff2:

Upstate Newbie

Hey all. Names Lenny, I am somewhat new to the Upstate, moved down to Easley from VA Beach back in Feb. I was in a TTORA club up there but wheeling was limited (about 4 hour drive for anything legal).

I just traded my 03 Taco with a 3in lift on 33s in on a 08 FJ, picking it up later today. Wanted to get something I can bring the family up the trails in. After some searching I found UC and you all looked to be the bunch for me.

Looking forward to meeting everyone:beer: and hitting the trails:hillbilly:!

-Lenny

Hey all. Names Lenny, I am somewhat new to the Upstate, moved down to Easley from VA Beach back in Feb. I was in a TTORA club up there but wheeling was limited (about 4 hour drive for anything legal).

I just traded my 03 Taco with a 3in lift on 33s in on a 08 FJ, picking it up later today. Wanted to get something I can bring the family up the trails in. After some searching I found UC and you all looked to be the bunch for me.

Looking forward to meeting everyone:beer: and hitting the trails:hillbilly:!

-Lenny

Welcome! be sure to get some pics of that new FJ when you pick it up. some people in these parts get rather cantankerous if they are not stimulated visually.

myself included...

Visual Stim

and often!!! Welcome to the insanity looking forward to meeting you and yours. :popcorn::cheers:

Thanks for the welcomes.

Alright here she is, just home from the Dealership. Whoping 5 miles on the odometer:grinpimp:. Wonder how long I can keep it that clean?
BooT's FJ.jpg

Thanks for the welcomes.

Alright here she is, just home from the Dealership. Whoping 5 miles on the odometer:grinpimp:. Wonder how long I can keep it that clean?

Very nice. You can't keep it that clean... but you may be able to get it that clean occasionally :grinpimp:

Welcome aboard, and to the madness :cheers:

Welcome BooT. Pronounced Bootie?
FJC is the cruiser of the millenium age. Good to have another aboard.
I would post a picture of Bonnie in her current state but I don't know if it would discourage or encourage you.
I took mine to Uwharrie (URE) dead stock and that's where the carnage began.
We're going there next weekend (6 Dec). Join us if you like. Active thread is at the NC forum.
b

Welcome BooT. Pronounced Bootie?
FJC is the cruiser of the millenium age. Good to have another aboard.
I would post a picture of Bonnie in her current state but I don't know if it would discourage or encourage you.
I took mine to Uwharrie (URE) dead stock and that's where the carnage began.
We're going there next weekend (6 Dec). Join us if you like. Active thread is at the NC forum.
b

Nope just Boot. accidental caps there.. eh. Wonder who I talk to to fix that.
Nice to meet ya Bill.

I'd go with you all but not a good weekend for me, wife has to go out of town for work, and I'd have a couple wee ones with me. Plus she told me I have to get protection (Sliders, bumpers) before I do anything. Mainly because she saw what I did with the Taco. I am hopeing to make the run coming up in Jan though.

-Lenny

Yeah, protection is a good idea. If you had used it before you wouldn't have the wee'uns keeping you from wheeling.:doh:
But really; sliders are essential. First time I went to URE I had the stock running boards and they got totally trashed. I already had sliders in the mail so the running boards were sacrificial but still . . .

Good luck on getting your moniker changed. I didn't know about screen names (I'm a pre-web dinosaur) and didn't know I was stuck. I think it can be done but apparently it takes a presidential decree (Woody) and a vote from a majority of states after the Supreme Court rules in favor. Actually Trollhole can probably make it happen. Or whoever is Moderator now. Eventhough?

Second time I looked I realized why your FJC looks so Starbucksish, no stickers.
Somehow they seem to grow on us. Last time my son was home he asked me if I'd joined a sticker-of-the-month club.

Welcome again, looking forward to meeting you.
b

Joined today
Michael Bessinger
77' FJ40

dang.....glad to have you...will see you on Sunday at the Parade. Might want to hide the name or you will be ransomed into bringing some onion rings if we ever have an event at my house. That is how I got my wife to date me......lured her with a big sweet onion ring. LOL

Welcome....

In the process of joining, live in Garner NC, but have family in Spartanburg. Joined up for the opportunity of being a ONSC/UC crossover member... One 1974 1.5F John Deere Green 40, and one 1974 F in the process of a frame off. Not a restoration, but after looking at the cancer on the Green one, I want this one to last awhile, and I bought it without an engine.

In the process of joining, live in Garner NC, but have family in Spartanburg. Joined up for the opportunity of being a ONSC/UC crossover member... One 1974 1.5F John Deere Green 40, and one 1974 F in the process of a frame off. Not a restoration, but after looking at the cancer on the Green one, I want this one to last awhile, and I bought it without an engine.

Welcome aboard... I lived in Garner (I think the SD was Camelot?) for 2 years in the late 80's... back when Garner was truly back woods. Don't think it's the same place anymore. Sister lives in N. Raleigh so I get up there occasionally.

Have you thought about having your frame galvanized?

That is EXACTLY the plan. A place in Graham, NC does it, and the plan is around March next year to get it done, then an epoxy coat of paint. Gun metal grey is what I'm leaning...

Welcome. Be sure and plug anything threaded with a bolt or have a really good set of taps on hand.

Howdy Folks

Mark Parsons
Asheville, NC
92 4Runner SR5 V6

Spec's:

Suspension
OME Front/Rear Shocks N72f/N98
OME Steering Stabilizer SD33
OME HD springs HD901
SDORI BJ spacers
SDORI custom 1" Rear coil Spacers
Downey Pan Hard Bracket
Sway-a-way Torsion Bars
Sonoran Steel Rear front lower control arm Truss

Drive Line
Warn Premium Hubs
Yukon 4:88 gears
ARB front & rear Air Lockers w/ARB Big Compressor
Hayden Transmission Cooler

Wheels & Tires
(Daily Driver) Late model alum. SR5 wheels with BFG 33x10.5x15 AT's
(Wheeling) Pro Comp 33x12.50 XTerrain

Protection
ARB Winch Bumper
Warn M8000 Winch
Big Country Customs Rear Bumper w/ Swing Arm Tire Carrier
Custom Kick out Sliders from Rock Tec

Additional Adds
Optima Battery Red Top
BVG Roof Rack Basket
(6) 55w halogen lights
48"Hi Lift
KayMar Hi lift and Shovel holder
Safari Snorkel
Bushwhacker Flares
Cobra CB
Toyota CD player
Rechargable Fire Extinguisher
Fresh Amsoil fluids throughout the drive line

Joined up a couple of days ago, figured I would drop in and say hello. I had heard of you guys before, but wound up bumping into a couple of your members while at Jim Barkley Toyota. (I was there to check and see if the steering relay rod had gone threw the recall yet.) They suggested I sign up since UC tend to do a decent amount wheeling within NC and that was exactly what I was looking for. I wish I had written names down but I did not.:bang: I just recall that they were there to pick up a FJ80 that was navy blue. I am fairly new to wheeling and I look forward to meeting some of you folks in the future.

Also a member of:
IH8MUD
TLCA
TTORA
GATTORA
NC4X4

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom