Updated rear bumper pics (was Project LXXIV) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

On a related note, for those who will be purchasing and installing these I would recommend changing out all of your tail light bulbs with new bulbs or upgrading to LEDs prior to installing the swing arms. I'm putting in LEDs all around and to get the tail light assembly out you have to remove the swing arm. Not difficult, just a pain in the butt.

Fwiw we were able to get the lens in and out on the last revision BUT the swing arm spindle had a late in the game change so I've not tried it again. We had to use a small ratchet 90* screwdriver for the bottom screw :D

A couple slight changes happened along the way with spindle design. All is complete and I'm told they are at powdercoat... I'm anxiously awaiting the call to come get them.

Ready to order one as well if they will work on 86 LJ70. Do all rear bumpers for 70 series interchange more or less except for the ends? I've never looked closely at how my factory bumper attaches to the truck.

Ready to order one as well if they will work on 86 LJ70. Do all rear bumpers for 70 series interchange more or less except for the ends? I've never looked closely at how my factory bumper attaches to the truck.

Yes the bumpers will work, mounts and bumpers are the same between LJ/BJ models of the same vintage.

It does physically fit and looks great. How you integrate it with the side bumper cladding is up to the individual at the moment. The cleanest solution would be to remove the side cladding all together and use a <1989 70 series rear mud flap so it doesn't look odd without the cladding. This exposes the attachment points for the cladding so to each their own. We will look at some additional ideas. Spy shot attached.

IMG_1647.JPG

If one where to extend the wings and tie into the frame behind the rear wheels how would that effect warrantees

If one where to extend the wings and tie into the frame behind the rear wheels how would that effect warrantees

Warranty of the bumper?

How's this coming along. price? time? cost to ship to new zealand?

Great question. We don't have international shipping worked out at this point for stuff as large as a bumper (anything smaller we do daily) so they would be freight-forward with a company of your choice here in the US. Shipping to a US location would be ~$125-$225 depending on location and type (business vs. residential)

Great question. We don't have international shipping worked out at this point for stuff as large as a bumper (anything smaller we do daily) so they would be freight-forward with a company of your choice here in the US. Shipping to a US location would be ~$125-$225 depending on location and type (business vs. residential)

Kurt:

Are these available for normal schmucks here in the states?

Looking to upgrade.

:)

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom