Unobtainium (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Did US models get a different floor mat for the 83-84 models like they did in Aus

Last edited:

This is a 5 speed cover over the 4 speed

3856F76C-1A20-4D2B-A106-7BE119E54860.jpeg

I'm thinking a larger TC lever boot may do the trick. The height change to the transmission access cover may be more of an issue.

I'm thinking a larger TC lever boot may do the trick. The height change to the transmission access cover may be more of an issue.
I doubt that will be an issue. The raised height is trivial. If you have an old mat in your vehicle, you can verify.

@DSB345 Dave your build and attention to detail IMO has not been seen since @SSCR did his Mustard ‘77. Both of you guys have really embodied what a restoration should be in my purist mind anyways!! Rog has really helped us all with his outstanding repro’s and ability to find stuff.

Thank you Tom!

@DSB345 Dave your build and attention to detail IMO has not been seen since @SSCR did his Mustard ‘77. Both of you guys have really embodied what a restoration should be in my purist mind anyways!! Rog has really helped us all with his outstanding repro’s and ability to find stuff.

@Racer65
Roger, I can't say enough about the oil cooler hose you made. All I have to say is it fits perfect, great quality and Thank you for making these.
Dave

View attachment 1763370 View attachment 1763374
You have an amazing truck. I don't know how you took these photos, as that area is highly inaccessible.
While you're in there, I'd like to mention a fine detail. In the original installation, there is a piece of rubber insulation that covers the upper portion of the hose. I recommend you do the same, as that area is particularly subjected to heat.

Picture1.jpg

Thanks for pointing that out Roger. I was just mocking it up for pics. I thought that insulation went where the clamp is. I've been trying to source that insulation and the insulation for the fuel lines. Any suggestions?

You have an amazing truck. I don't know how you took these photos, as that area is highly inaccessible.
While you're in there, I'd like to mention a fine detail. In the original installation, there is a piece of rubber insulation that covers the upper portion of the hose. I recommend you do the same, as that area is particularly subjected to heat.

View attachment 1763609

Did US models get a different floor mat for the 83-84 models like they did in Aus

This is almost funny if it wasn't so sad. Post 67 the US only received the FJ40. In 83 around two hundred of them and none in 84. Toyota was so concerned about the average miles per gallon in total vehicles sold in the seventies and eighties they phased out the 40 series. I believe the market was there if Toyota cared enough to keep it. Today do not know of any country in the world that that the 40 series is as popular as in the US.

Wow, the US 1983 40s are super rare !
When my wife and I bought our new '84 FJ60 at Toyota West in Las Vegas, NV we were also looking at a new Mustard Yellow '83 FJ40. We bought the FJ60 because we were planning on a lot of camping with our two young sons and the FJ40 wouldn't have enough room.

When my wife and I bought our new '84 FJ60 at Toyota West in Las Vegas, NV we were also looking at a new Mustard Yellow '83 FJ40. We bought the FJ60 because we were planning on a lot of camping with our two young sons and the FJ40 wouldn't have enough room.

I bet you wish you got the FJ40 instead ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom