Builds Ugliest 4th gen build to date. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Before this was my 1997 80 3-linked with 40s (Link here Builds - 97 on 40s Expo Build ). I drove that thing everywhere and absolutely loved it. I want a rig similar to that again (better on the road) so this time I picked a 4runner! Its a 2003 V8 with 187,000 miles. Was also rolled on its side haha.

Meet the runner:
IMG_0809.jpg

3 colors, the driver doors and hood do not line up and the roof in kind of caved in.......just means I don't have to worry about trail damage :cool:

Build plans are:

2004 f350 superduty axles
37s
3-links front and rear (will be doing coilovers upfront and keeping coils, shocks and swaybar in the rear)
Homemade sliders and bumpers.

As well as a bunch of "overland asf" stuff.
I am mainly doing this thread so I can remember all the money (for better or for worse) that will be spent on this thing.

Let the show begin........ @nukegoat

First up was getting rid of the black fenders and bumper
IMG_0821.jpg

Next up was cleaning up the front axle:
IMG_0823.jpg

I also have a plasma now and will be in a heated shop the start of this year. That should make cutting off all the old ifs very nice!

Should be easy enough to fit. I found some Milestar Patagonia mt tires in 37s for $400 so I jumped on that. Stock width in 72ish. I'll be 84" with 4.25bs wheels. So right around +6" per side

IMG_0851.jpg

Ordered everything on Black Friday for the best deals. Giving FOA 2.5x12" coil overs a try. All the brackets are from Barns4wd. I am doing non adjustable 2"x.25 DOM lower links and the same lengths front and back (37"). Bushings on one end and 30 degree joints on the other. Uppers will be adjustable on one end and 1.75x.120 DOM
IMG_0803.jpg

Last edited:
While I wait to sign the shop lease I figured I would start on the interior some. So I built a rear storage area for the fridge and other camping stuff to go. I will be installing a new headunit and sub soon. Sub is a 12" with 1500w amp. Should thump pretty good. I have a big 34 day 9,000 mile road trip planned with a couple buddies (I am currently looking for a co-pilot) June 28th - Aug1. Should be pretty epic. Plan is Canada, Alaska, Dalton highway, and the Rubicon to end out the trip. So that is what I am building this rig for. Nice strong V8 and strong axles to back that up.

IMG_0876.jpg

In progress, don't judge too hard
IMG_0877.jpg

Last edited:
I got it all done and realized I wasn’t a fan of having to tow the thing around places. So I sold it a few months back, did some traveling....and now I’m back for this build.

Shame it doesn't have night view

subscribed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom