Builds Ugliest 4th gen build to date. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I had a 2005 4th gen a long time ago, I built it up moderately.

A few guys back then set up long travel, I'm sure more have since then.

Check out the toyota120 forums (if they're still around). When I had mine they were kinda the mud version for (mainly) 4th gens. It's been many years since I've been on but if it's kept rolling I wouldn't be surprised if by now there's a thread or two like this.

Edit: looks like it's still there but just glancing at the last post dates it seems to have fizzled out. Maybe still some good info somewhere there.

I feel like long travel and 35s I would definitely destroy that front diff or steering
Sorry, let me try again.

Tons are cool but I think even with a shaved sterling youre gonna drag diffs a lot with 37s.

Have you thought about using Masons 80 axles? Or, I know you got those 37s for a deal — you could probably make money on them, and step up to at least a 38, or 40s.

Its your rig but just from personal experience, you’re gonna drag a lot of diff.

So is that super Duty front axle a the Dana 55 or the Dana 60. I have to agree 37s seem a bit small for the wheelin you like to do. Following along can’t wait to see what you come up with.

Sorry, let me try again.

Tons are cool but I think even with a shaved sterling youre gonna drag diffs a lot with 37s.

Have you thought about using Masons 80 axles? Or, I know you got those 37s for a deal — you could probably make money on them, and step up to at least a 38, or 40s.

Its your rig but just from personal experience, you’re gonna drag a lot of diff.
Yeah I agree will that I am going to drag a lot. They are prob like 4” lower than my 80 was. It’s gonna suck haha. But the plan for this build isn’t crawler. I’m just making something better on the road, super wide, and good for trails up to the level I did with the 80. Most of the people I am actually wheeling with have like 35s. And just to have a reliable rig while fully loaded with expo stuff. Next year is a 2 month trip through Central/South America.

So is that super Duty front axle a the Dana 55 or the Dana 60. I have to agree 37s seem a bit small for the wheelin you like to do. Following along can’t wait to see what you come up with.

Its a 2004 f350 60. Honestly just doing 37s for better highway.

Stop trying to talk him out of it I want to see it happen

The OEM ifs is probably a lot more reliable for expo stuff.

I sure never had a problem with my 80. Don’t see any difference here. And I would definitely argue it was way more reliable than a mid or long travel runner or taco. As for oem ifs I think everybody here already knows I’d never leave that alone. It basically drives to good haha

Stop trying to talk him out of it I want to see it happen

Don’t worry it’s already begun haha. Anyways it has to be ready for a 2000mi trip to koh by the end of the month

F34CA554-F51D-4ED9-AA49-E2CAC4E53BE0.jpeg
1594430C-0312-4F0C-BCC2-AC9BAF37DB3B.jpeg

Alright, good. Commence the chop !

Because it won't be backyard fabbed

Can’t speak for you but for myself I definitely trust my backyard fab skills to last me through a Central and South America trip.
Alright, good. Commence the chop !

Yup! It’s getting chopped a lot too. I was able to keep stock uptravel and not add any bumpstop. So I have about 4 or 5” to cut out of the fenders

Can’t speak for you but for myself I definitely trust my backyard fab skills to last me through a Central and South America trip.
Well, you don't have much to lose

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom