UCLC Spring Run (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

For as far as the wheeling goes. We usually try to get some wheeling in on Friday afternoon / evening. Saturday is our main day of wheeling and Sunday is usually pack up and head home day. If there are guys that want to do some wheeling on Sunday that is fine too.

We can run both north and south trails. We usually head down one trail one day and the other the next. We don't really stick to a set plan, just do what the group is into. The trails are pretty easy to follow, so if some have had enough and others want to continue on it shouldn't be a problem.

We usually don't get alot of breakage on these trails. Usually the damage occurs when someone is playing on a rock climb off to the side of the trail and gets bouncing. There is always that odd time when a part decides to give up out on the trail instead of just around the corner from home.

As Wayne mentioned, fresh fluids and grease, a quick check of brakes, drive line and steering system can go along way. Make sure you have good tow points front and rear. Most times a little tug is all it takes to get you moving if your stuck or high centered.

I believe we have our FRS tuned to channel #1. We camp right at Clear lake, when you come down Clear lake road it ends at a clearing.Take the trail to the left and we will be right there. Clear lake road is more like an easy trail than a road. It will have water crossings and some mud, but 2 wheel drive should be all you need.

Post up any questions or concerns and I'll try to answer them.
Dave

wah wah wah, (you picked your job, I picked mine. you make huge money, i scrape by. it's a trade off) you have sick days, use them.

I totally don't get where you are coming from, and why this is aimed at me...

me calling in sick and posting it here is a great idea...you KNOW that is an issue, and you KNOW I asked you not to talk about it here...

I miss a few meetings because I'M AT WORK, and you call me out with Wah wah wah?

Again, BITE ME, post about everyone else that has missed meetings before you single one guy out.

And again, hey you might be comfortable driving up there, but I for one am not arriving at 1 a.m or later, with a truck I have been beating the crap out of all winter, not just daily driving, but wheeling...it would be different if I was going straight up the 400, but you know as well as anyone, that I'd have to go using backroads and shortcuts thru the boonies to get there in a decent time, I was 60/40 about going...but to be honest, I don't think I'd be able to put up with your condascending crap...

but hey if I did go, by the time I got there, you'd have been asleep for 4 hours, so maybe I could enjoy a quiet beer by the fire...

LOL!!
i guess good old ribbing isn't your thing. such is life.

but in all seriousness, you knew the run was coming up so beating your truck and using that as an excuse is ... well ... lame. work, well once again that is your problem.

"asking" you to show wasn't working so i figured i would give it the "dig" try but isn't going to work either. in reality, if something is important to a person they will MAKE it work. if it isn't that important they will let things get in the way.

personally, i like you. i think you could be a good companion on a run. your truck is capable, your an okay wheeler but you are still green behind the ears so that is expected.

if you are going to take every little thing personal then ... well ... as you like to say "Bite me". you can only try so long to get someone to come out to a meeting or a run before you say, screw it.

we have a great club, really good guys, capable wheelers and newbies combined. in the end it is you that is missing out.

i tried, i give up. enjoy what ever you are doing next week. too bad you don't just book the friday off but that is your life.

me, i am going to enjoy the weekend with a bunch of buds, hopefully get dirty, hopefully not break anything and tell some stories of the good old days.

bye

What I take personal is you using a public forum to discuss my work, my finances et al, and yes, I agree if you want something bad enough you will make it work but if you ask all the other members if they will take a day off work, drive 4 hours return on that day off, to attend a meeting, I think you'd get a resounding "bite me" from everyone...I'd love to hear everyone's wife's reaction to "Honey, I'm using a day and a half of vacation to take 12 hours off on my time and a half day to go to a Cruiser meeting".

Let's move meeting to Wednesday's and see what the turnout is. I'm not bitching at the club, at all, the meetings are on weekend's totally understandable, and every member, except you, seems to be understanding when it comes to why I miss meetings.

as for taking vacation.... the date of this month's meeting changed from a date I was off, to one I was working, I have to put vacation in weeks in advence, so hitting a moving target isn't easy...I don't have the same job as your cousin, who in reality can take a day off the day before he needs it, I'm part of a shift compliment, and someone has to be here...

As to what I was doing this weekend, I was installing the turbo, so I could run down for the month end meeting...

and as for last month's meeting, if you'll remember that's when I blew up the 4 speed, the day before the meeting...and I think I did pretty good swapping in a 5 speed, shortening shafts etc in 3 days, so as far a "lame" excuse, yes I have been beating up my truck, and still having problems, so I'm not really comfortable making the run from 8 at night until 1 a.m....

I know I'm missing out, and I appreciate you and others wanting me to be there, but I'm doing the best I can...

We camp right at Clear lake, when you come down Clear lake road it ends at a clearing.Take the trail to the left and we will be right there.

So, Uh... I guess that rules out Wi-Fi at the campground then eh!:grinpimp: (Kidding.. Relax!)

that was all i was asking in my quaint way...

i am sorry i offended you, it was not my intention.
I know I'm missing out, and I appreciate you and others wanting me to be there, but I'm doing the best I can...

Last edited:
Happy Easter guys

Hey Guys looking forward to the run.

Dave good news, I have been put onto a Special project PKT next week, so I will also be on days.

What ever time you want to leave on Friday is fine with me. 6:00am, get a good camp site.

Hope to see everyone make it out.

:cheers:

Dave

Dave, Brad and I are planning on being in Parry Sound for around 2:00pm give or take. That puts us leaving the Guelph / Acton area around 11:00am. Is Anita coming with you this trip or you on your own?
Dave

i am going to try and meet you between 2 and 3...how long you sticking around?
shall we post up contact numbers?
Wayne C 519-387-0058

ok, so the first and only meet spot/renezvous point is the Macdonalds on Bowe's stree in Parry sound. If you're not there b/w 2 and 3 pm friday aft, everyone will just meet at the site on clearlake road/hyrdo lines.

do any of the gta'ers want to meet prior to that and convoy up? we can just pm first to see...

Yeah Rome lets convoy! as long as it's one of those 90 km/h convoys =] are we going to take the 400? maybe meet @ that first rest stop @ the side of the 400 just south of King City?

now what time?

Contact - 647-404-2983.

wow, you read my mind Matt! that's my usual meet up spot for motorbike rides. cool, i'm trying to coordinate with wayne too, so we can hook up where he jumps on the 400 (possibly hwy 26 horeshoevally/400) and no worries on speed, i'm a-okay with 90Km, unless wayne needs to go even slower, sa'll good.

hmm, if we're gonna try and meet the gang at P.sound mcdonalds b/w 2-3pm, i know it takes about 3 hours with traffic, but if we're goin slower, maybe 3.5-4 hours, so say 10ish? then we'll pick Wayne up at the next point. should be fun just gettin there with a convoy of cruisers.

Hey,Dave

I will be going solo. Anita is getting the yard ready for spring.

No she has plans ths weekend, but will be out for the next run.

She wants the 42 built up. I think she has her own plans for for

truck. Maybe I should give her to the keys Hmmm.

What's a good spot to meet you and Brad.

My cell (519)-209-3267.

Dave

i can cruise comfortable at 100, the old bush pig is just a 4 speed manual so no O/D. it will do 140 in 4th but it will suck fuel, noisey and i don't like to drive those rpms unless i am playing.

if i bring the rag top then it is NA and with 35s it is pretty much the same...

weather (at this time) is looking REAL nice for Friday, acceptable for Saturday and rain for sunday.

sounds perfect to me.

Dave, great to hear you are coming. If you are coming 401 just come to 25 and meet me at my place. Were Dave and I meet is at 25 @ 24 which is about 10 min from my place. Let me know!

4 Days and Counting

Hey Everyone,
The run is getting is close! Hope everone that can make it is ready, all that can't make this run, there will be others in the furture! For those who are coming, there is no exact schedule.
We are there to have fun, camp, enjoy the outdoors, oh ya and a bit of wheeling!!!! If you enjoy a pop or two, like a few of us do, we ask, be responsible. No competition on runs, you get stuck, you get a pull, he gets stuck, you give a pull. All Landcruisers are not equall, all are different, just like the guys and gals who drive them! We have many members who all want something different out of the experience of owning a crusier. That is why if you can make the run great, if not thats okay too. If you can make a tech day, meeting or other club functions, great, but if all you want is to be in touch so when an event like the National 4 Wheel Drive Day or up to Clifford for a over nighter, that is cool too. Always glad to see old and new faces with their trucks whenever you can make it!
Brad

24 /25

Hey,Brad

That is the T at Ospringe on the way into Erin, right.

If so I will meet you there.

I gave you the wrong cell, here is the right one (519)-209-3268

:whoops:

Dave

So, is there an official/unofficial number of people yet? what kind of numbers are we looking at?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom