UCLC Spring Run (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

As in Gozzard? Have you talked to him lately.
Dave

Mike G is down for the count i am afraid.
i was talking Kincardine Mike... mister "i am driving my 40 to the meeting topless and doorless no matter what the weather" and then "has" to work.

Dave, I'll be talking with Brad shortly and let you know whats going on.

Wayne, I haven't heard from Mike lately not sure if he's coming or not.

I sold the ROM and I'm putting all my energy into my next project.

rollerskate-car.jpg

HEY! what's with starting a new thread and not telling us Eastern ones what's going on! :) Moose Cruiser & I are still planning on attending will need Some directions, from the 401 or such, (coming from Kingston, leaving here around noon. ...) GPS Co-ord's woud be cool

thanks guys!

(when you Smell the veggie burning-We're getting close!)

HEY! what's with starting a new thread and not telling us Eastern ones what's going on! :) Moose Cruiser & I are still planning on attending will need Some directions, from the 401 or such, (coming from Kingston, leaving here around noon. ...) GPS Co-ord's woud be cool

thanks guys!

(when you Smell the veggie burning-We're getting close!)

cools! gotta see that wvo cruiser! btw, you guys know of the 4wildrides guys in the prince edward county/frankford area?? one of em has a really done up fj40, curious. i'm learning the TLC world is a small world...:steer:

Guys, to see where we are going to be wheeling. Go to "google maps" and zoom in on the Parry Sound area. Find Ardbeg and zoom in and find Clearlake Rd. That's the road we take to the Hydro line trails. Where Clearlake rd ends is where we camp.
Dave

thanks for that Dave. i checkd it at: Google Maps

and typed directions from parry sound to ardbeg and it gave me:

- from 400/69, take 124 North/Parry sound Drive
- this road runs along a train track somewhat
- turn left on what says "district of parry sound" road which turns into bunny trail road
- keep headin north on bunny trail road (as it crosses the train tracks a couple times)
- hit a T-junction with the 520, head west/Left on 520
- takes you to Ardbeg, after one last railroad crossing
- road ends at Clearlake Road
- take ClearLake to the end where it hits the hyrdo access road
- set up camp

here's another version on mapquest...

Driving Directions from Parry Sound, ON, CA to Ardbeg, ON, CA

- BUT, this keeps you on the 124 up to the 520
- if you zoom in, you'll see a lighter line/road which is the bunny trail road and that looks more direct to get to the 520 (but dunno if it's paved...or which way is quicker...)

that about right?

Last edited:
Ok, new rule. Not allowed to break any parts!! (6 hour drive home!!!)

So uh... we going north on the line road or south? Plan on being done saturday, or is this a two day'er?

I would expect we will arrive around 7... it's going to be a long drive!!

Oh, and are any of you guys monitoring a CB channel, or VHF 2M? (is there a repeater in the area?)

Last edited:
"i was talking Kincardine Mike... mister "i am driving my 40 to the meeting topless and doorless no matter what the weather" and then "has" to work."

BITE ME Wayne....I work shift, on a 5 week rotation, and I work 2 weekends out or 5....if I have to work for a meeting, if there is another one 5 weeks away, I'm working that one too...

Once I have a semi-retirement style job like you, then I'll make every meeting..until then, I'll save my vacation, and work my time and a half......

I was up in the fall last year and would love to get up again...but work until 8 on Friday...probably not the best idea to run the 200+miles in my truck and trailer alone as the first real test of the year, that's why I haven't commented about coming, or not coming, until now...

Last edited:
wah wah wah, (you picked your job, i picked mine. you make huge money, i scrape by. it's a trade off) you have sick days, use them.

i am driving a beast that has been abused and neglected for 3 years, wheeling it and driving it back home... (unless i pick up a different tow vehicle this week, which i highly doubt will happen.)
it is all part of the adventure.

it is my understanding the wheeling doesn't start till saturday morning. there is a saturday and hopefully a sunday run. i would also like to do a short run friday evening if it is alright with the organizers. you know, wheel to the top of some cliff or rock to watch the sun set and putter back to camp.

i am not sure what others view as wheeling weekend, i look at it as a time to test our skill, build friendships, enjoy the outdoors and good old mother nature. i am not big into finding the first mud hole and going back and forth till i break something and then sit in camp drinking since i have no running ride.

i will also have a passenger seat open (as long as you don't mind the big old Cruiserdog) if anyone wants to ride.

FSM radios, this is what i use. i think we have at least one truck with both the radio and the CB (brad?). the FSM are cheap to buy, come in pairs so you can have one to either share or as a back up.

breakage, usually when i see breakage it is from lack of maintainence of abuse. maintainence shoudl be done before the run. check or change your fluids, check play in driveshafts and ujoints and pinion back lash, check you brakes (mine need two quick pumps for a quick stop), tires, decent tread?

you do not need huge tires, huge hp, to do trails. some parts of the trail you might but usually there is a bypass. you do need tow hooks front and rear. you do need a radio of some sort that works. you do need a engine that runs (at least sporaticly). you do not need a $50K bush truck, a $2500 beater will do just as well.

if you are not sure of a part of the trail, get out and watch how the others are doing it. ask questions and listen to the answer.

i would recommend (but it is not my run so that is up to the organizers) leaving the bottle or the joint back at camp. wheeling can get ... interesting ... REAL quick so a clear mind is needed. plus it is illegal to drink and drive even miles in the bush. if you do drink and drive that is your choice but it isn't just your life you might be endangering.

finally, common sense.
think of it this way, picture how rough the trail is going in, if you get hurt, broken arm, leg, back, neck or worse, it will be HOURS before you get to the hospital, hours of bouncing back down the trail, hours of gritting your teeth, hours of pain shooting up from the break and hours of blood seeping onto the floor.
if someone is winching, STAY BACK. if someone is trying a hill, STAY BACK out of the way. if someone is tugging, STAY BACK. common sense.

i am stoked to get out again... now do i bring the rag top or the hard top? the hardtop gives me the freedom to bounce off a tree, the ragtop is just cool... tough decision.

i will stick around to help clean up the camp spot. i booked Monday off as well so a late return is fine by me.

FSM radios

DAMN! I didn't know you could get Factory Service Manual radios!!! :grinpimp::flipoff2:

(FRS = Family Radio Service)

I have a few, I'll bring 'em.

Almost down to counting the hours...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom